Delisted #2: Ricky Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2. Ricky Dyson

Im am 99% sure Dyson won't be at Essendon in 08 which is really disapointing, because along with most of the Essendon supporters (im assuming) i thought he had great potential and would be a great player in the future, but it's just not happening for him, he's an alright player but we've got much better players than him that have taken his spot which is why i don't think he will have a spot on our list next season. I hope he can come up with something special in the last bit of the season because i don't want to see that potential goto waste.

I remember when he played his first game against WCE in 04 and looked like he would turn into a superstar

i thought he was okay against the dogs. for once he played with a bit of passion and anger

And also against Brisbane, he's starting to put in some good performances.
Naturally gifted player who needs more time to add consistency to his game.

Ricky Dyson. Is he the player we thought he would be? The early flash's of pace and the nice left foot kicking. Is it all now a mirage ?
Has been a player i have always liked (some may find that hard to belive) but he hasnt come up as well as i thought he would. There has been a lot of comment about the amount of game time ,or lack of it to be more precise, that he recives. It is an excuse that i dont really buy. Early one the lack of real game time was due to fitness problems (he struggled with a groin for a long while). His didnt have the capacity to run full games out. In more recent times he is sent on the ground and is often back to the bench again 10 minutes later and left there for preiods of time. The reason he ends up back on the bench is he doesnt make an impact when he gets on. The midifled rotations these days demand that you be able to come on , get 4 or 5 possesions in a ten minute period and then let the next guy attack.
For whatever reason Rick just looks too indecisive. He runs around and gets caught half way between the contest and the running players. It looks as if he gets caught in too minds about where to position himself and his footy instincts are too slow.
IMO i currenty have him in the dangerous are of being shown the door. He could just be safe simply becasue the depth of midfielders in this years draft isnt great.

I think his time is up, he has shown litle or no improvement in his 4 years at the club and with our recruiting so many midfielders in last draft will be shown the door, nash, slattery, watson have all gone past him and hislop, houli, jetta will also go past him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ricky's best game of the year today. i thought he was very good. hopefully today's game gives him confidence for the future

its as if he needs to do something in every game to build up his confidence

in the last two games hehasn't got into the game until he kicked a goal

had his chance and blew it.

houli was great today in the vfl so it would be a straight swap i would have thought

Really faded away in last weeks . Got another chance at the top level but couldnt consolidate a spot and yesterdays VFL final will be pretty much the last straw IMO. Didnt play well at all. His defensive skills where ordinary and did nothing in the middle when he was there.
I think he has pretty much run his race with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back