Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

jesus christ that article is trash. people actually pay money to read that ****? no wonder the planet is ******
It's worse. People get paid to write that stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are we with Belly. Second ruck to Draper next year?

Considering he did his ACL, he'll probably play the year out in the VFL to get touch. Don't think he plays AFL until 2021. We require another stop gap, or we see Clarke become something that is in the ballpark of serviceable.

Considering he did his ACL, he'll probably play the year out in the VFL to get touch. Don't think he plays AFL until 2021. We require another stop gap, or we see Clarke become something that is in the ballpark of serviceable.
I didn't realise ACLs took so long. Definitely need a decent back up. We're only half way through the season and Belly looks ready for a fork.

Drapers ACL really sucks but I still think Bellchambers can hold down the fort for the most part with Clarke playing the odd game here or there to give him a spell. The other option that we could use in an emergency is McKernan in the ruck. Sure he'll lose the hitouts but around the ground he's quite useful.

Clarke isn't that bad for a backup ruck. He's about the same as most team's backup in my opinion. Its a shame he can't kick straight because other than that he's been a handy target up forward in terms of marking. If we have to play him for a game or two at AFL level the world won't end, we will just be a bit weaker.

A good result for Draper would be him being basically ready for the start of the VFL season (probably about round 3 AFL going by this year) and then playing 6 or so weeks at that level. Then after that hopefully he'll be in consideration for seniors. Basically how it panned out for Begley. However being a bigger guy and with natural variability it could easily be longer than this.

I think they can use cadava hamstring these days.
Yeah but that’s not described as “traditional” I don’t think. A player at another club used a cadaver and it was considered cutting edge and idk brave or heroic or something because it meant he might get back sooner according to an article on the AFL website.

Whereas I’m fairly certain Crow said Draper is having a traditional one and will be out for 12 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back