Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Nov 28, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
188299_3843346700996_523974774_n.jpg

The Bombers snared 201cm, Tasmanian ruckman, Bellchambers, with their second selection (pick eight).

“Tom has been highly rated over the last couple of years,” Dodoro said.

“Everyone knows he has got undoubted ability and we were pretty keen to get another ruckman on our list.

“We thought he was the best credentialed young ruckman available so we nabbed him.”

Hope he can turn into a great ruckman in the future for us.

Bachar_Houli

Team Captain
Suspended
Jul 10, 2007
hEAVEN
AFL Club
Essendon
Re: Tom Bellchambers

mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/wh_afl1/OnDemand/Preseason08/thomasbellchambers.wmv

looks very good at tapping.

Colin D'Cops

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2011
Nov 24, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton

Very good pick up, rated him the 3rd best ruckman behind Kreuzer & McEvoy........:)

I love DELEDIO

Senior List
Dec 16, 2007
Tassie
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Real Madrid

Yeah I like Bellchambers hoping Richmond where gonna pick him at 51 coz didnt know who putt was butt happy with Putt Know um I have seen Bellchambers play down in Tassie good tap ruckman falls on the ground a bit thou should be good dont reckon he will play much this year

Amazing Bombers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon

Yeah I like Bellchambers hoping Richmond where gonna pick him at 51 coz didnt know who putt was butt happy with Putt Know um I have seen Bellchambers play down in Tassie good tap ruckman falls on the ground a bit thou should be good dont reckon he will play much this year

I doubt he was gonna slip that far.

I doubt he was gonna slip that far.

He did he went in the PSD :) He was talking about 51 in the ND where the Tigers selected Dean Putt ;)

Wouldnt think he will play at all this year unless we really strugle with injuries.

Dec 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

Wouldnt think he will play at all this year unless we really strugle with injuries.
Agreed, even though we really only have Laycock and Hille as our main ruckman, i dont think hes ready to play AFL just yet just because he still needs to improve on his running and around the ground work. Probably a project player who still needs another pre-season

Merv

<b>Resident Mongrel</b>
10k Posts
Jun 24, 2006
The start of a new era
AFL Club
Essendon
Re: 44. Tom Bellchambers

Bellchambers key to Bendigo success

spacer.gif
Thursday, 24 April 2008
for essendonfc.com.au
Page 1 of 1
Essendon listed player, Tom Bellchambers, has been one of Bendigo’s best players in the first month of the VFL season and coming off another great game last week he will be important when Bendigo take on Sandringham at Trevor Baker Oval this Saturday.

Bellchambers was taken by Essendon in last year’s Pre-Season Draft with the final selection overall and his early form suggests the Bombers may have got a real bargain with this 200cm ruckman from Launceston.

Bendigo Coach, Adrian Hickmott, said he noticed Bellchambers early in Pre-Season and is not surprised with the rate of his progress since joining Essendon this season.

“Tom’s development has been good and he went well on the weekend, working hard all day. He still has some work to do on his running patterns and what he does when he doesn’t have the ball but he is developing into a good ruckman,” Hickmott said.

When Bendigo met Casey last weekend Bellchambers took on St Kilda’s Ben McEvoy, the Saints first selection in the National Draft taken at pick nine overall and the contest showed there was little between the two big men at this point.

Essendon star youngster, Courtenay Dempsey, is expected to make his return to football with the Bendigo side as he recovers from the hamstring injury he suffered against Geelong in Round 2 and he will be joined by Tom Hislop also returning to the Bendigo line up following an injured wrist.

Dempsey began season 2008 in great form for the senior side and looked as though he was set for a big year, after the minor setback he will use this weekend to get fit and ready to return to the Essendon team and Hickmott is looking forward to having him in the side.

“I’m pretty excited to have Courtenay playing with us, he looks as fresh as a daisy and it will be a good experience for the rest of the team to play with a very talented footballer,” Hickmott said.

Hickmott also said despite the loss to Casey he continued to be encouraged by the performances of his side.

“The unity is the main thing and that is slowly coming together. The way the young kids are using the ball has improved in the first month and I’ve been pleased with that aspect of their development,” he said.

The challenge does not get any easier this week as Bendigo tackle a Sandrigham side full of confidence following a 88-point win over Box Hill. Gun forward, Nick Sautner, booted nine majors in that game.

Hickmott said the main focus for Bendigo after three straight losses was to concentrate on the defensive side of their game.

“The focus this weekend is on defence. We can attack alright but we need to work on defending when we haven’t got the ball and this weekend that means single coverage, when ever the opposition has the ball we need to each have a man,” Hickmott said.

BendigoBombers play Sandringham on Saturday at Trevor Baker Oval at 1.10pm.

bellchambers1-l.jpg

Tom Bellchambers during the 2008 preseason
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=5733

Daytripper

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 9, 2003
Reebok Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bolton,Clippers,Falcons,Mariners
Re: 44. Tom Bellchambers

Okay - you've all seen what he is like at AFL level now.

Can we just let the kid develop at Bendigo for the rest of the season.

Back