Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt even get a farewell game after years of good service.

Will finish 18th next year, then appoint a new coach for 2022.

Go Tommy:moustache::moustache::moustache:

Former AFL champions Cam Mooney and Tom Bellchambers pulling on the gloves for shock heavyweight debut​

The card is stacked with famous names but two footy players - born 10 years apart - threaten to steal the show

Retired AFL champs Cameron Mooney and Tom Bellchambers are heading to the boxing ring for a shock heavyweight battle in Melbourne.

The pair will fight on a card that will feature undefeated jet Nikita Tszyu and former heavyweight champion Joseph Parker.

The event is scheduled for Wednesday, May 24, and will be held in Melbourne’s Margaret Court Arena.

The 202cm Bellchambers last for played Essendon in the 2020 season.

Former Essendon ruck Tom Bellchambers is set to get in the ring with Geelong premiership player Cam Mooney.
Former Essendon ruck Tom Bellchambers is set to get in the ring with Geelong premiership player Cam Mooney. Credit: Getty Images

The big man, who was caught up in the club’s ‘supplements scandal’ and was banned for the 2016 season, retired with 136 games to his name.

Mooney is a three-time premiership player for Geelong.

He was also an All-Australian forward in 2007, a year when the Cats dominated the competition.

Mooney - who stands at 197cm - is now 42 years old while Bellchambers is 33.

Parker is taking on Faiga ‘Django’ Opelu while super welterweight Tszyu (5-0, 4KO) will fight Benjamin Bommber (5-0, 4 KO).

The popular Tszyu is the son of legendary boxer Kostya and brother of Tim Tszyu.

It will be the first time the Tszyu name has headlined a Melbourne event since his father (the Thunder from Down Under) terrorised boxers across the globe in the 1990s.

Tszyu’s fight with Bommber is expected to be the biggest challenge of his blossoming career.

Parker and Opelu’s fight is for the Commonwealth heavyweight title.

Cameron Mooney during his playing days in 2011.
Cameron Mooney during his playing days in 2011. Credit: Getty Images

“I’m very excited to be heading to Australia to headline a massive fight,” Parker said.

“I’ve been to Australia numerous times and the amount of support there is amazing and everyone is always so welcoming.

“I look forward to the atmosphere from both the Aussie and Kiwi fight fans and I know everyone will be pumped to see two world class heavyweights go at it.

“The Commonwealth heavyweight title has been held by some of the biggest names in the sport so I’m looking forward to adding my name to that list on May 24 in Melbourne.”

The fight’s promoter, George Rose from No Limit, said: “Joseph Parker is one of the greatest athletes to have ever come from this side of the globe.

“His historic performances over many years is exactly why boxing is back in a big way in Australia and New Zealand.”

PS: It's on Foxtel 503 from around 5.30pm

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason I can think of is that Mooney doesn't actually have the reach to get near him.
Bellchambers will destroy him - it’s not even a fair fight

I actually forgot it was tonight but watching the replay of his fox footy numbskulls sitting ringside when he got knocked out might be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back