Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

One positive from that horror game was big Tom.

Looks to be in fantastic form. Has come up against two top class ruckman in Jacobs and Sandilands, has competed well in the ruck and has pushed forward and hit the score board. Must have put in a big preseason.

Personally, I thought he's AFL career was over after the suspensions. I'm glad he'll become a 100 game player for the club in the coming weeks.

That being said, the amount of times I saw him provide an option down the line on my wing when he was one out with a player 6 inches shorter than him and players refused to kick to him did my head in
This happened again today. Was really frustrating when we chose to go to Green or Walla or some other short arse in a 1-on-2.

Sunday’s game was one of the reasons I can’t ever get fully behind this guy, there are times he will lift and have a crack like he did against freo then he will have games like the digs game where he shows no respect for his opponent and just coasts through the game. Newsflash Bellcho your good but your no superstar

Big week for Ding Dong. On the back of a pitiful performance against a 5 game twig, he comes up against a side with no recognized ruckman. If he displays the same intent as last week and gets beat again. He can’t go on and we would have to look at debuting Draper who is not ready or try a McKernan/Daniher combo.

It’s really frustrating for a guy coming into his 10th year that we don’t know which Bellchambers will show?

Last edited:
Big week for Ding Dong. On the back of a pitiful performance against a 5 game twig, he comes up against a side with no recognized ruckman. If he displays the same intent as last week and gets beat again. He can’t go on and we would have to look at debuting Draper who is not ready or try a McKernan/Daniher combo.

It’s really frustrating thatguy coming into his 10th year Which Bellchambers will show?

Looking for a Stef Martin-esque dominance please Bellcho

It’s really frustrating for a guy coming into his 10th year that we don’t know which Bellchambers will show?
Put him in the same basket as Myers.

Reliably unreliable. Pretty good some times, absolutely shithouse at others.

Just happy to be part of the AFL scene.

Got to move on from this type as soon as possible, we have had too many of his ilk, basically not competitive enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The massive gap that seperates his best & worst footy is so frustrating. Shows glimpses of being a really quality AFL ruckman, but unfortunately always follows it up with a ridiculously lackadaisical performance.

The massive gap that seperates his best & worst footy is so frustrating. Shows glimpses of being a really quality AFL ruckman, but unfortunately always follows it up with a ridiculously lackadaisical performance.

Some of his chasing efforts were very poor last week I don't know maybe old age is catching up with him.

If Ryder had played today, do we lose?
Do we need to consider the interplay between ruck and forward / resting forward of TBell and Daniher, to use them more effectively? Sounds like TBell didn't have the tank today, and Joey could have done with some touch just to find confidence, his two goals not-with-standing.

TBC was ordinary today considering his opposition, should have dominated but really didn't (effectively). So many times he wasn't even watching the ball for a throw in/up, bizarre.

Need more from him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The modern ruckman is quite mobile around the ground which is Belly’s weakness. Good at the stoppages but will get killed against the likes of Grundy and Gawn.

Tbell looked disinterested for large parts of the 2nd half. i think he was getting frustrated at getting first touch at the hit outs but them going nowhere near our midfielders, or having our mids standing right next to him so getting wrapped up right away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back