Player Watch # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Fined $5000 for forceful front-on contact - 21/6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darealrath

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
He's still competing well in ruck contests - he either wins the ruck or pretty much guarantees the opposition mids don't get an arm chair ride which is huge given we still lack that gun ball winning mid.

Lore

Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Fined for striking
Essendon ruckman Tom Bellchambers has been charged with striking Lion Dayne Zorko during the Bombers’ defeat of Brisbane at the MCG on Sunday.

The incident occurred in the third term of the match and was assessed as careless conduct with low impact and high contact.

The strike was classified as a $3000 sanction, but Bellchambers can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.
https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-04-15/bellchambers-charged-with-striking

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Time to take this dinosaur out the back..and you know what.

Be careful what you wish for.

The quality of his ruck work is what our clearance work is based on.

Around the ground he can be almost a liability but we generally use him smartly as link in the chain through the middle (in much the same was as we used in John Barnes in 2000).

I thought Stanley destroyed Bellchambers around the ground but Bellchambers' ruck work was a large part of us winning the clearance battle. I'd say that Bellchambers had a greater impact on the game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howard Moon

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Dunno, seemed to be routinely putting it down the throat of hepp and parish, just donuts around the ground elsewhere

qwertyboy

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton FC, Detroit Pistons.
Kruezer had his measure when he went forward. Also TBC took a long time to adjust to the short throw-ins from the boundary. Looked like he needed a rest.
Probably a slightly off game by tbell but Kruezer really is his worst nightmare around the ground.
As far as his tap work was concerned was such a big factor in the result.

Darealrath

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
Thought he smashed Kreuzer in the ruck duels. Was able to hit it where he wanted to so often.

Zach Package

Kyle Langfourd
Sep 21, 2012
Parish, Francis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Piggy Smith, SFG, Heat, Raiders
Thought he smashed Kreuzer in the ruck duels. Was able to hit it where he wanted to so often.
Carlton’s shape around the ball was ****house, there was an Essendon spare there over the back every time, it was just a matter of whether it got there or not.

He continues to be better than serviceable, slow as a wet week though

Last edited:

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
I think people on here are pretty harsh on Bellchambers in general. Has served us well so far this season and has carried a pretty huge load in the ruck. The bye will do him good. He's battled along pretty well for us and has regularly given us first use out of the ruck. Sure his around the ground work isn't great but I reckon he's been carrying some niggles the past few weeks and a longer break will do him the world of good.

Fin ice Smuggler

Club Legend
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Useless - only thing in his favour were some taps to advantage but other than that Kreuzer beat him around the ground and should've kicked 2 against him.

It's a shame Draper did his knee because Zac Clarke is just as useless if not more because of his kicking deficiency.

WE'd be better served having Bellchambers do centre square work and play in forward line in the goal square.

naraku

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
I think McKernan will be able to help Bellchambers a lot in the run home since Zac seems a long way off. I do think TBC has been a bit up and down this season all things considered, but I think he will pick up in the run home.... Hopefully.

Top Bottom