Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still competing well in ruck contests - he either wins the ruck or pretty much guarantees the opposition mids don't get an arm chair ride which is huge given we still lack that gun ball winning mid.

Fined for striking
Essendon ruckman Tom Bellchambers has been charged with striking Lion Dayne Zorko during the Bombers’ defeat of Brisbane at the MCG on Sunday.

The incident occurred in the third term of the match and was assessed as careless conduct with low impact and high contact.

The strike was classified as a $3000 sanction, but Bellchambers can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.
https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-04-15/bellchambers-charged-with-striking

He was going well until he rolled his ankle . Did well just to finish the game I think. Probably a bit harsh on Tommy I reckon.
Pretty much this, was on top first quarter.

When Rhys Stanley whoops your ass, you're likely done.
He injured his ankle in the first whilst he was destroying Stanley.

Time to take this dinosaur out the back..and you know what.

Be careful what you wish for.

The quality of his ruck work is what our clearance work is based on.

Around the ground he can be almost a liability but we generally use him smartly as link in the chain through the middle (in much the same was as we used in John Barnes in 2000).

I thought Stanley destroyed Bellchambers around the ground but Bellchambers' ruck work was a large part of us winning the clearance battle. I'd say that Bellchambers had a greater impact on the game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kruezer had his measure when he went forward. Also TBC took a long time to adjust to the short throw-ins from the boundary. Looked like he needed a rest.
Probably a slightly off game by tbell but Kruezer really is his worst nightmare around the ground.
As far as his tap work was concerned was such a big factor in the result.

Thought he smashed Kreuzer in the ruck duels. Was able to hit it where he wanted to so often.

Carlton’s shape around the ball was shithouse, there was an Essendon spare there over the back every time, it was just a matter of whether it got there or not.

He continues to be better than serviceable, slow as a wet week though

Last edited:
I think people on here are pretty harsh on Bellchambers in general. Has served us well so far this season and has carried a pretty huge load in the ruck. The bye will do him good. He's battled along pretty well for us and has regularly given us first use out of the ruck. Sure his around the ground work isn't great but I reckon he's been carrying some niggles the past few weeks and a longer break will do him the world of good.

I know it wasn’t a day for big men, but 2 possessions! How long since somebody’s had that few?

(No I’m not suggesting he was ****)
Think he only had a 3 touch game against GWS last year?

Useless - only thing in his favour were some taps to advantage but other than that Kreuzer beat him around the ground and should've kicked 2 against him.

It's a shame Draper did his knee because Zac Clarke is just as useless if not more because of his kicking deficiency.

WE'd be better served having Bellchambers do centre square work and play in forward line in the goal square.

WE'd be better served having Bellchambers do centre square work and play in forward line in the goal square.

And have Zaharakis in the ruck around the ground?

What an insane comment.

I think McKernan will be able to help Bellchambers a lot in the run home since Zac seems a long way off. I do think TBC has been a bit up and down this season all things considered, but I think he will pick up in the run home.... Hopefully.

He does a job in the ruck, and is essential due to that.

The issue is, once the ruck contest is done, we're pretty much playing with 17 players.

This can be an issue against sides with genuinely athletic ruckman who get around the ground and almost add another cog to the midfield. Grundy being probably the prime example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back