Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

5k down to 3k with an early plea

Match Review Officer Michael Christian also handed Bomber Tom Bellchambers a $5000 fine for his forceful front-on contact on Eagle Luke Shuey.

By accepting an early plea for a second offence, Bellchambers can accept a $3000 fine.

Deemed careless conduct with high contact and low impact, Bellchambers is free to face Greater Western Sydney next week.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I enjoyed his game before he went down. I’ve been critical of him in the past for not always standing up properly in ruck contests but he took it right up to that fat *in sniper tonight.

And nice to have an opponent who’s slower than him for once.

Injury is a shame and hopefully he’s back to at least finish off the year in style.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Ruck stocks seems to be the problem that no one wanted to talk about. Now we have to. I think this will have silver lining if we can address the bigger problem.

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
Achilles injury at this age cant be good for a ruckman...

Ruck stocks seems to be the problem that no one wanted to talk about. Now we have to. I think this will have silver lining if we can address the bigger problem.
this is hardly the time nor the place to talk about ruck stocks.

Well that's why we got Z. Clarke in.
Just before he did his ACL Draper had gotten to the point where we'd be happy with him coming in for an injured Belcho. If his injury is going to set him back development wise then maybe we have to look at adding another option in the off-season.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
This one will bite hard.

Do we go with:
  • Smack as 1st ruck and Hooker forward, bringing in someone like Hartley to play defence?
or
  • Clarke as 1st ruck, play Hooker in defence and Smack forward?

This one will bite hard.

Do we go with:
  • Smack as 1st ruck and Hooker forward, bringing in someone like Hartley to play defence?
or
  • Clarke as 1st ruck, play Hooker in defence and Smack forward?
Clarke in for Bellchambers. Switch Hooker, Brown and Francis around as needed. It'll hurt any which way but taking Hooker and Ambrose out of the defence is gonna bite way harder than Clarke in the ruck.

As I was saying i reckon we need to look at our ruck stocks.
Well you're not going to get an elite ruck to sit on the list as break glass option (I'm not saying this is what you're suggesting, but there are some around here who expect it)

Back