Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

100% correct! otherwise Sandilands would win the game for fremantle every single week.

eth-dog would probably be able to talk about hit outs to advantage or some s**t as a more meaningful stat

winning the hit outs is useless unless your midfielders can actual receive it.
Hit outs to advantage is a bit of a misleading stat. It's far better than the standard hit out but I'm not certain it always pertains to winning the hit out and the team getting the clearance. Champion_Data would I be correct in saying that?
Seriously though, I’m worried Grundy is going to destroy him around the ground. The bloke is like another midfielder.
I had the same concern second game last year where Grundy was in some ripping form but Bellchambers had the better of him that game.

Hit outs to advantage is a bit of a misleading stat. It's far better than the standard hit out but I'm not certain it always pertains to winning the hit out and the team getting the clearance. Champion_Data would I be correct in saying that?

Clearance win % based on hitout result:

84% - Hitout to Advantage
37% - Neutral Hitout
18% - Hitout Sharked

Big test for Bellchambers coming up against Grundy. Needs to be at his physical best and really has to push forward hard and make him defend as well.

In Ice Hockey it's been essentially proven that faceoff wins are all a bit meh, and I don't see much reason why hit outs wouldn't be the same. Of course you can point to the perfect hit out that leads to the quick goal, but most of the time, the hit out leads to nothing.
Yeah man, ice hockey!

Face off still confuses me.
it’s simple: John Travolta was an FBI agent that was chasing Nicholas Cage, who was a terrorist. After catching him and interrogating him for several days, Travolta ended up falling in love with Cage and he proposed they swap faces so they could be together even after Nicholas Cage went off to Guantanamo Bay. So they took each other’s face off (hence the title of the film, “Face Off”) and glued it to each other. Unfortunately they both died as the premise of such a procedure is completely ******* stupid. it was quite a tragic love story from memory.

it’s simple: John Travolta was an FBI agent that was chasing Nicholas Cage, who was a terrorist. After catching him and interrogating him for several days, Travolta ended up falling in love with Cage and he proposed they swap faces so they could be together even after Nicholas Cage went off to Guantanamo Bay. So they took each other’s face off (hence the title of the film, “Face Off”) and glued it to each other. Unfortunately they both died as the premise of such a procedure is completely ******* stupid. it was quite a tragic love story from memory.

Remember the ending being quite sad when Travolta gets his face back and renuites with family he also adopts Cages son.

It's all coming back to me now. Bet they thought they were going to clean up at the Oscars. Full of twists, like the Usual Suspects - except s**t.

Tommy had an interesting game on Wednesday. Yes, Grundy had 22 touches and was excellent, but the form he's in right now you expect that. T-Bell had 13 disposals and 5 marks, which is not as good as Grundy, who would probably get Brownlow votes, but he limited Grundy's output at a stoppage, we won the clearances by a significant margin, and if his direct opponent hadn't had 22 touches we'd be saying it was a solid game by Bellchambers.

Those saying he needs a "kick up the bum", why do you say that? Yeah, he got beaten by English a couple of weeks ago, but he was dominant, as you'd expect, against Port and then was up against it against Collingwood.

Tommy had an interesting game on Wednesday. Yes, Grundy had 22 touches and was excellent, but the form he's in right now you expect that. T-Bell had 13 disposals and 5 marks, which is not as good as Grundy, who would probably get Brownlow votes, but he limited Grundy's output at a stoppage, we won the clearances by a significant margin, and if his direct opponent hadn't had 22 touches we'd be saying it was a solid game by Bellchambers.

Those saying he needs a "kick up the bum", why do you say that? Yeah, he got beaten by English a couple of weeks ago, but he was dominant, as you'd expect, against Port and then was up against it against Collingwood.

Is it because we’ve seen him actually play quite well?

He’s not especially mobile, but he marks well, kicks straight, is pretty good in the hit-out department.

When he’s physical we’re a much better team, to a noticeable extent.

It’s a little like Natanui at WC actually, whilst Bellchambers isn’t at that level, he is quite good when he wants to be, and it has a real impact on our game.

Rested last week, back in this weekend.
Experienced duo Tom Bellchambers and David Myers were both rested for the club’s match against Melbourne and are set to put their hands up for selection this weekend.

“Both of those players are fresh, they did a good training session on the weekend. We’re expecting them to return and play well,” Crow said.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-05-01/skins-injury-update-rd-7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Useless user of the ball
Haha. Bloke was quite clearly our best player and you say this.

I reckon he took 6 contested marks today. Great game

Haha. Bloke was quite clearly our best player and you say this.

I reckon he took 6 contested marks today. Great game
Your arguments still dont defuse the point that he used it poorly at times

Some of his handballs today from his contested marks were atrocious.

That being said he was still clearly B.O.G for us today.

Your arguments still dont defuse the point that he used it poorly at times

Some of his handballs today from his contested marks were atrocious.

That being said he was still clearly B.O.G for us today.
Just think that you shouldn't pot the only bloke who won his direct battle.

Just think that you shouldn't pot the only bloke who won his direct battle.
Winning your direct battle is fine. And i acknowledged he was easily our best player.

But that is not to say he was perfect, and pointing out that he had some horror disposals is basic observation, not necessarily potting him.

To think what could have been for Tom Bellchambers. Has all the tools to be a truly brilliant ruckman. Not an overly dominant tap ruckmen but does enough whilst his around the ground work is amongst some of the best in the league when he is up and going.

Is building nicely and a guy who, if we got to finals anytime soon would be made of the right stuff to stand up in the pressures of a final.

Great game yesterday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back