Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a moment early in the 2nd I think, TBC took a mark in their back pocketish, looked around for 5 seconds, kicked it plumb to the wing where Hawthorn had 3 players and we had 0.
giphy.gif

One bad kick=Useless disposal/decision maker. It was as clear as day he was trying to kick it to Joe and miscued.

Followed up by taking another contested mark to stop the Hawthorn goal.

Kicking to Joe in a 3 on 1?
If he weighted it correctly it would have been a one-on-one. Two closer to the boundary were irrelevant if he hadn't miscued.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fk me that's scrapping at the bottom of the barrel haha

Is Scott Lycett avaiable?

Not it’s not. Leuenberger is a proven AFL ruckman, does a decent job for us when he comes in, and is only a year older than Bellchambers.

I’d give him an extended run as #1, which he hasn’t had since he joined the club.

Bellchambers still hasn’t eliminated the soft tendencies from his game and that’s a real problem for a ruckman. That one on the southern wing today, when Kreuzer gave him a slight nudge and he launched himself about 20 metres forward - no doubt hoping for a free - was shocking. He constantly does it and it puts him out of the contest. Kreuzer just gathered it simply and launched it forward for a Carlton goal.

I don’t know why we put up with this s**t from Bellchambers when it’s one of the few positions where we have a viable alternative.

Not it’s not. Leuenberger is a proven AFL ruckman, does a decent job for us when he comes in, and is only a year older than Bellchambers.

I’d give him an extended run as #1, which he hasn’t had since he joined the club.
He had the entirety of 2016.

Bellchambers still hasn’t eliminated the soft tendencies from his game and that’s a real problem for a ruckman. That one on the southern wing today, when Kreuzer gave him a slight nudge and he launched himself about 20 metres forward - no doubt hoping for a free - was shocking. He constantly does it and it puts him out of the contest. Kreuzer just gathered it simply and launched it forward for a Carlton goal.

I don’t know why we put up with this s**t from Bellchambers when it’s one of the few positions where we have a viable alternative.
Fairly sure Leuy did have an extended run at it last year and offered nothing aside from winning the hitouts. Neither of them are the answer; Bellchambers shows up every second week and Leuy does * all around the ground. At least Bellchambers can be a viable forward option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back