Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Still 50/50 this week. May come up. Should be 100% ready for finals week 1.
Chances of him having a run against Richmond in the QF of the VFL if it comes to it?

Apart from Mumford (who at times is a thug) what other ruckmen are any more ‘physical’ than TBC? I notice a few here say he’s borders on soft but what’s the standard in ruckmen?

Rucking a contest and belting smaller blokes I reckon

He contests well and while doesn’t stoop low to belt smaller blokes, he’s usually first in to stick up for our blokes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think there’s any way you put him up against Grundy, either this week or next. He’d run amok against a fit TBC, let alone an unfit one.

If we get Collingwood in a final he’d need to have at least a full game under his belt and most probably more. Otherwise I think we’d stick with Clarke. There’s something I never thought I’d say. But he’s match fit.

Not really a drama if we play GWS I reckon, Mumford is the only ruckman who’s slower and less fit than him.

I don’t think there’s any way you put him up against Grundy, either this week or next. He’d run amok against a fit TBC, let alone an unfit one.

If we get Collingwood in a final he’d need to have at least a full game under his belt and most probably more. Otherwise I think we’d stick with Clarke. There’s something I never thought I’d say. But he’s match fit.

Not really a drama if we play GWS I reckon, Mumford is the only ruckman who’s slower and less fit than him.
You don’t stick with Clarke if Bellchambers is fit, period.

You don’t stick with Clarke if Bellchambers is fit, period.

Well he’s not going to be fit. It’s a matter of how unfit he’ll be.

Grundy destroyed a fit Bellchambers on Anzac Day. The two couldn’t be more different... Grundy is hugely mobile, Bellchambers would be among the least mobile players in the league.

We’re gonna have to get majorly creative if we want to quell Grundy in the slightest. An unfit Bellchambers could be a huge issue.

Grundy destroyed a fit Bellchambers on Anzac Day. The two couldn’t be more different... Grundy is hugely mobile, Bellchambers would be among the least mobile players in the league.

We’re gonna have to get majorly creative if we want to quell Grundy in the slightest. An unfit Bellchambers could be a huge issue.
Point is, Grundy will destroy Clarke by much more. If you don’t play Bellchambers then you play no ruck and go ultra mobile, but personally I’d go Bellchambers.

Point is, Grundy will destroy Clarke by much more. If you don’t play Bellchambers then you play no ruck and go ultra mobile, but personally I’d go Bellchambers.

Lovett Murray available?

Yeah you’re probably right... it’s a no win situation. I just shudder at the thought of any unfit player in a final, let alone an unfit TBC who is like the Titanic when he is fit.

I have ever-so-slightly more faith in Clarke than I did a few months back, when I’d have rather played a cardboard cutout. He seems able to compete mostly. And is match fit.

I have ever-so-slightly more faith in Clarke than I did a few months back, when I’d have rather played a cardboard cutout. He seems able to compete mostly. And is match fit.

Hitouts vs Freo were 58 -17. Clearances 43-29. If that's repeated against Collingwood, who have a much better midfield than Freo, we aren't getting anywhere near them.

giphy.gif

Hooker Francis Hurley back.
Ambrose starts forward then takes Grundy around the ground as Bellchambers drifts forward?
Just putting it out there.

Hooker Francis Hurley back.
Ambrose starts forward then takes Grundy around the ground as Bellchambers drifts forward?
Just putting it out there.
This week is essentially a ‘free hit’, trialling something like this is a good idea, can be quite effective if we play them again two weeks later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back