Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

He is on
Kicking goals the way he has, makes JD going into the ruck so much more dangerous for the opposition.
Up against Goldstein this week, will be a good contest. Both big boys who are good tap ruckman and damaging up forward.
I reckon he can get the chocolates in this one. Goldstein has been poor of late but he does have a good record against us so you never can know for sure.

He is on
Kicking goals the way he has, makes JD going into the ruck so much more dangerous for the opposition.
Up against Goldstein this week, will be a good contest. Both big boys who are good tap ruckman and damaging up forward.
Wonder why they don't play Preuss.....maybe they like losing?

Been very good... still needs to be more physical.

But loving his work
It was one of my biggest question marks on him, but his physicality has been very good. I agree there is probably room for a bit more but he has been more physical than I can remember for his career. If he tracks like the other suspended guys he might improve more over the next couple of months. Or at least I can hope.

The biggest thing for Tom is the pressure now that he's playing well and being recognized by the media, plus the added pressure from the folk at Big Footy. Going to be interesting to see how he copes with it. I'm confident he'll continue against an out of form Goldstein.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-21/bellchambers-had-doubts-but-never-lost-faith

"The 28-year-old credits his fellow banned teammates, who he trained with during their season away from Essendon, as being vital in his ability to recapture his best.

"I didn't lose faith [in myself], but the questions always go through your head about whether you can get back out there and do it. I had a couple of frustrating years with injury so those questions are always there about whether you're going to be able to get back out there," Bellchambers told AFL.com.au.

"Obviously last year there was the nine of us who were all together training. Having those guys there really helped me last year and they pushed me at the same time.

"Those question marks obviously jump into your head but you have to realise you need to make the most of your opportunities.""

The biggest thing for Tom is the pressure now that he's playing well and being recognized by the media, plus the added pressure from the folk at Big Footy. Going to be interesting to see how he copes with it. I'm confident he'll continue against an out of form Goldstein.

Goldstein not playing.

*Out of form Majak Daw/1st game beanpole Nick Larkey.

*Out of form Majak Daw/1st game beanpole Nick Larkey.
Don't suggest to norf supporters that Larkey might play in the ruck. They go batshit crazy. He's a forward only apparently and before you say anything I know what the norf website player profile says but they don't know s**t either I guess. He plays forward in the VFL so that's the only position he plays. END OF!

Don't suggest to norf supporters that Larkey might play in the ruck. They go batshit crazy. He's a forward only apparently and before you say anything I know what the norf website player profile says but they don't know s**t either I guess. He plays forward in the VFL so that's the only position he plays. END OF!
In fairness, he's averaging 3 hit outs in the VFL.

Far and away the most improved of the returning players. He might have kicked 28 goals and played a great tandem role with Paddy in 2013, but he's in career best form right now with some top shelf ruck work and still a dangerous target up forward.

Agreed

Just on the goal kicking, feel he is in the right place at the right time more than being a bonafide fwd target for us. He has taken a few grabs on the lead, yes, but we have had a stopage play (mark or free kick) to which he has been able to set up inside 50 imho.

Love the fact he is getting forward and kicking goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back