Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Was beaten.
Yep, 5 possesions is no where good enough. Needs to be more consistent and provide an outlet for the defenders or at least something going forward.

No chance of being displaced by Leuey though. His kicking gives me nightmares and his tapwork isn't as good as Bellys either.

Belly just needs to lift and be a leader of this team. This week against Carlton should bring out the best in him I think.

Yep, 5 possesions is no where good enough. Needs to be more consistent and provide an outlet for the defenders or at least something going forward.

No chance of being displaced by Leuey though. His kicking gives me nightmares and his tapwork isn't as good as Bellys either.

Belly just needs to lift and be a leader of this team. This week against Carlton should bring out the best in him I think.
That being said, the amount of times I saw him provide an option down the line on my wing when he was one out with a player 6 inches shorter than him and players refused to kick to him did my head in

That being said, the amount of times I saw him provide an option down the line on my wing when he was one out with a player 6 inches shorter than him and players refused to kick to him did my head in
I think a lot of that was happening all over the ground yesterday unfortunately.

So apparently his foot was stomped on...

Pain free now though so probably back in for Leuey.

Tom Bellchambers missed last week’s match against Adelaide with a foot problem.

He’s expected to be available for this Saturday night’s match against Gold Coast provided he can get through training this week.

“Tom got his foot stomped on the weekend before, obviously with Tom’s history we want to be careful with that,” Crow said.

“That’s pain free a ... so he’ll go out tomorrow and train and we’re hoping he’ll be ok to get through that training and then play.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-08-15/injury-update-august-15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah "pain free" - that's a good one.

come talk to me when you're waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night shaking from the nightmares that just won't go away.

you don't ever truly recover from something like this.

All the best Tom- you beautiful, magnificent man.

yeah "pain free" - that's a good one.

come talk to me when you're waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night shaking from the nightmares that just won't go away.

you don't ever truly recover from something like this.

All the best Tom- you beautiful, magnificent man.
I don't reckon that'd be why Thomas is sweaty in the night, jus sayin

I thought his pod cast thingy with Hooker was really good. Hopefully someone from the club checks these threads out and passes this on to the right people there because I really liked the s**t talking vibe the show gave off and the insight it gave into the day to day stuff at the club, and it would be good to see it continue.

I thought his pod cast thingy with Hooker was really good. Hopefully someone from the club checks these threads out and passes this on to the right people there because I really liked the s**t talking vibe the show gave off and the insight it gave into the day to day stuff at the club, and it would be good to see it continue.
spot on.

Enormous game from Tommy Bellchambers

It is games like this that frusterates us as supporters. He can seriously play, just needs to be able to do it on a weekly basis against any and all types of ruckmen. Playing on the depth rucks of the Suns may have helped attribute his dominance but he was a collosus.

20 possessions (13 contested), 6 marks (2 contested), 34 hitouts (16 to advantage), 5 clearances. If he had of converted his two shots on goal he could have vied with Zaka (38 possessions) for best on ground honours.

Anyways, really hope he can back up the weekends form and carry onto next week and play that aggressive sort of footy into the finals series because we seem to stand taller when Tommy is throwing his 106kg frame around, clunking marks and kicking goals.

Some of his deft taps in the ruck were glorious, but it was his follow up efforts that elevated his game on the weekend, he was prepared to scrounge for the ground ball even if it was just to push it to advantage. It was clear he knew he was up against a weak ruckman and took advantage of it by just collecting the ball cleanly from ruck contests as well, hopefully he keeps doing that kind of homework about his opponent and changing his approach on their weakness and strengths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back