Toast 2 year deals for Kelly, Doedee, Keath and Knight!

Remove this Banner Ad

I am very confident on TD for some reason. I feel that we have an absolute gun there that for understandable reasons cant get into the side. Its a backline with Brown, who is a gun who has locked down one small defender position, Lever who has locked down the intercept defender position. There is basically one spot open to TD. Due to TD and Cheney being injured, Kelly got a crack and has just been incredible. Kelly took several games to hit his straps and by the time TD or Cheney was fit and ready, Kelly had grabbed his spot with two hands. With Kelly and Brown not putting a foot wrong all season, it has been unusually hard for TD to get into the side. We are not in rebuild/development mode so our foot has been on the throttle every Thursday night. I thought that Pyke missed a trick by not giving Doedee a debut a couple of times so I feel he was very unlucky. I reckon 9 out of 10 coaches would have debut Doedee this year.

If we did lose Lever, I would be slightly upbeat because of the thought that TD might be able to step into his shoes. Of course, it would take all of next season just to get 20 games into him, but still, having TD in the squad is some comfort.

If you listened to JJ last night he said Doedee should get a game next year he said he was similar to Kelly but believed his initial problem was his disposal but is getting better with that

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back