2 years for the Bont

Remove this Banner Ad

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd say it's still Wood's team. He is a premiership captain after all. Bont is only 22 and can serve a worthwhile apprenticeship from Wood for a couple of more years I think. He has already captained the team at times, which is invaluable leadership experience.
One more year with Wood, Bont to take it on in 2020 imo.

It might only be two years, and he might have gotten a significant pay hike, but it's still a much better deal for the club and a good sign of his relationship with his club that he's signing a full twelve months before he comes out of contract again.

Dusty might have re-signed with Richmond, for example, but he did so when he had no contract for the following year. That forced Richmond to pay more for him otherwise.

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
It will be his agent making him go for 2 years more so than him i reckon. This will be the norm now so no need to worry.

BJ06

Debutant
Jun 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
*Copies and pastes after realising i may have put this in the wrong thread*

My understanding is that a two year extension under the current contractual format takes Bont to restrircted free agency. So from a Bulldogs point of view is better than a three year extension and unrestricted free agency.

Also gives him the opportunity to get a big final contract, which if we're happy to give it to him can only be a good thing.

Relax. If you're a Bulldog fan, this is good news.

Not really worried because we know these days that clubs often cave in to player demands when it comes to being asked to be released from playing contracts.

Let’s worry about it again at the end of 2021 if he hasn’t signed a new deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back