Player Watch #20: Adam Tomlinson – The Best Adam In MFC History

Remove this Banner Ad

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has very impressive stats already at the Dees; zero clangers, zero turnovers, zero fumbles.
He looks to me as if he may well be a good buddy for TMac wherein they will discuss such things as astrophysics, the political situation in East Timor and how unusual it would be to spell Adam as Adem

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
An underrated recruit for mine, I think Tomlinson will prove to be an important addition on the wing for us. Quality runner who will help us defensively and offensively, has a height advantage and it's been mentioned on here before, but I feel he will help us with his lead-up work around the ground.
Anyone with something resembling lead up work anywhere around the ground will help at this point. I’m warming to the bloke.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone with something resembling lead up work anywhere around the ground will help at this point. I’m warming to the bloke.

The only reason you like him is because he has a very cube-like, geometrically pleasing head and he had a brief and fleeting acquaintance with Dom Tyson's hair.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Foolish. Everybody knows that leading is old hat. Modern tactics dictate that you should always run 45 degrees away from the guy with the ball, toward the boundary line and/or 17 opponents. Preferably doing so with the urgency of a drunk cat with some token finger pointing to boot. #journey #brand #DNA

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Interesting snippet from the Gus Brayshaw article on AFL website. I must admit I hadn’t noticed Tomlinson much in last few games. But seems to be doing his job.

07085251-F57B-4CD2-AC22-23F7B66EC80E.jpeg

Interesting snippet from the Gus Brayshaw article on AFL website. I must admit I hadn’t noticed Tomlinson much in last few games. But seems to be doing his job.

View attachment 941912
I think that's how he's always been. He's not an eye catching winger like Isaac Smith or Langdon etc, even when at GWS. Gets 15 odd touches and helps with the structure a lot. Can plug a hole almost anywhere if needed. Epitome of a role player and very consistent which I like, rather than a Hunt/ANB/Smith etc who have one good game in 5.

Has still had his wtf moments over the past few weeks, but he is far less offensive to my eyes than Oscar is playing the same role.

Was easily his best game for the club yesterday imo, thought he was really solid defensively and by foot.

Has still had his wtf moments over the past few weeks, but he is far less offensive to my eyes than Oscar is playing the same role.

Was easily his best game for the club yesterday imo, thought he was really solid defensively and by foot.
Played well defensively and his decision making out of defense was top notch

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was very solid yesterday, certainly suits the Saints too with their mid-sized & tall forwards - he'd be a good match up for Membrey.

Good to see him use his skills a bit better too, he's always had good skills but just hadn't been kicking well this year.

It’s great that he’s playing well down back but it’s so ironic we grabbed him as a wingman cos we had none and now he’s playing KPD despite us having a handful more not getting a game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like to perceive him as a winger that pushes back into a key defensive role and it soothes my mind

He's becoming an important role-player in this team, but i must say we paid a lot of money for an average role-player. At the very least he is stopping all the young trash key forwards from having their breakout game against us and making us look bad.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
My guess is Sportsbet is covering his salary for this reason
He's becoming an important role-player in this team, but i must say we paid a lot of money for an average role-player. At the very least he is stopping all the young trash key forwards from having their breakout game against us and making us look bad.

Funnily enough, I think his contract was similar to that of Frosty's , the man he has now replaced in our backline. xD

On a related note, have you considered changing your username to something more David King friendly instead? ImissPremiershipKryptonite perhaps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back