Traded 20. Charlotte Wilson

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlotte Wilson taken with our next pick, another key defender who can also move forward or into the ruck, this time coming out of the TACW system via Eastern Ranges.

Top standing vertical and 3rd in the 20m sprint at the combine. Solid long term replacement for Alison Downie.

I don't know if I see Charlotte as the long term ruck option, even with her huge leap. Breann Moody might have dibs on that at the moment.
However, if Charlotte develops well, who knows?
I'm not sure her body will be ready to make a huge impact next season, but her athleticism is going to be really important for us in defence sooner than later. The one thing the girls who left had was a lack of pace, no matter how competitive they could be. Charlotte does not have that problem. Some of her results at the Draft Camp suggest she was one of the more athletic girls up for grabs.

I don't know if I see Charlotte as the long term ruck option, even with her huge leap. Breann Moody might have dibs on that at the moment.
However, if Charlotte develops well, who knows?
I'm not sure her body will be ready to make a huge impact next season, but her athleticism is going to be really important for us in defence sooner than later. The one thing the girls who left had was a lack of pace, no matter how competitive they could be. Charlotte does not have that problem. Some of her results at the Draft Camp suggest she was one of the more athletic girls up for grabs.
She definitely carves out a remarkably similar profile to that of Downie.

Looks like she did exceptionally well at the AFLW Combine earlier this month.

Standing vertical jump - 56cm (1st)
Running vertical jump - 62cm (2nd)
Running vertical jump (left) - 68cm (2nd)
20m spring - 3.242 seconds (3rd)
YoYo - 16.5 (3rd)

Looks like she did exceptionally well at the AFLW Combine earlier this month.

Standing vertical jump - 56cm (1st)
Running vertical jump - 62cm (2nd)
Running vertical jump (left) - 68cm (2nd)
20m spring - 3.242 seconds (3rd)
YoYo - 16.5 (3rd)
Having seen Charlotte develop as a key defender this season, you can see her apply her athleticism. She is apparently the strongest girl on our lists.
I can't see her going into the ruck, but I am wrapped with her down back.

Having seen Charlotte develop as a key defender this season, you can see her apply her athleticism. She is apparently the strongest girl on our lists.
I can't see her going into the ruck, but I am wrapped with her down back.

She's a star mate, and she has well and truly made a key defensive post her own.

No need for her to go into the ruck; she's comfortable down back, and we're well covered there with Moody who also had a terrific season.

There has been so much talk about the likes of Prespakis & Egan - rightly so too - but for mine Charlotte has been just as impressive, if not more so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back