Delisted Daniel Pearce (#962)

Remove this Banner Ad

let us know the finer details please, Igloo.

Hmm, it's a stretch remembering a few hours back.
But I'll give it a go:

-Likens himself to Easton Wood, chose Wood as his mentor.
-Athleticism is his major strength. Talked about how he played basketball, vertical leap was mentioned.
-Boyd has been the best this pre-season (surprise, surprise)
-Talked about the pace of the game, bigger bodies, etc (typical new guy stuff)
-Will be studying to be a paramedic part time next year
-Talked about contested ball being the main focus.
-Said finals hadn't been discussed.

That was it for the interview I think. So nothing groundbreaking. They continued to talk after the interview about us for a bit. Jarrad Grant was mentioned, and one of them remarked he was too skinny, and always loses 1-on-1's, which I remember I thought were pretty stupid things to say. He wont ever get a lot bigger body/muscle wise, it's just how he is. He also wins 1-on-1's sometimes.

Higgins was also mentioned, and something else was said I didn't agree with, and that's about all I can remember.

Is he injured? he has vanished after a late withdrawl just after looking like securing a place in the 22.
Yep, hamstring. He'll be over it next week, but will probably play VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Bob out it seems like Pearce is next in line, some good footy in the nab and I wouldnt be surprised if he was in the team round 1 now

Was named in NAB 1 and put up a respectable performance, displaying superb defensive capabilities and great positioning. Needs to work on the attacking side of his game as at times his decision making and disposal lets him down. Like what I've seen from the kid but still has a few things to work on. Looking forward to seeing him hopefully play again next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back