Past #20: Drew Petrie - NM '01-'16 (324gms/428gls) - WCE '17 (8gms/16gls) - thx for everything Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

Just mention Petrie to Centre Half Back and you will smoke the Turkey out. :stern look
If the trade Goldstein for two first rounders posts aren't going to do it, nothing will. :sternish look

Playing stocks must be decimated if Drewy is still in demand, maybe a role as a backman for WCE will suit him or they need him for insurance, could mean he spends a lot of time in WAFL though.

Drew Petrie will consider this weekend whether to play on as West Coast confirm its interest

9bc632cea643f309b9d2db6947e7c6a9

JAY CLARK, Herald Sun

NORTH Melbourne forward Drew Petrie will weigh up his future over the weekend.

West Coast has confirmed it is interested in the 33-year-old to bolster its big man stocks for next season.

Eagles’ ruckman Scott Lycett set to find out in the next few days whether he will require a knee reconstruction, potentially joining Nic Naitanui on the sidelines next season.

West Coast is keen on Greater Western Sydney big man Rory Lobb but is also looking at alternative options.

Petrie’s manager, Shane Casley, said the 316-gamer was uncertain about his future.

“I’ve spoken to Drew today and he is thinking about his situation and he will continue doing that over the weekend,” Casley said.

“He’s got to weigh up whether he has had enough or whether he has got more in the tank.”

Drew Petrie will consider this weekend whether to play on as West Coast confirm its interest

JAY CLARK, Herald Sun

NORTH Melbourne forward Drew Petrie will weigh up his future over the weekend.

West Coast has confirmed it is interested in the 33-year-old to bolster its big man stocks for next season.

Eagles’ ruckman Scott Lycett set to find out in the next few days whether he will require a knee reconstruction, potentially joining Nic Naitanui on the sidelines next season.

West Coast is keen on Greater Western Sydney big man Rory Lobb but is also looking at alternative options.

Petrie’s manager, Shane Casley, said the 316-gamer was uncertain about his future.

“I’ve spoken to Drew today and he is thinking about his situation and he will continue doing that over the weekend,” Casley said.

“He’s got to weigh up whether he has had enough or whether he has got more in the tank.”
Yeah i woudn't be asking Drew what he thinks Simmo!

They would be better off putting cox back on the list as a rookie and just play him if Giles gets injured. Once nic nat is back they will have 3 rucks playing wafl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to him if he does get another gig. If there is an offer there who would begrudge him taking that opportunity?

Whilst I wouldn't begrudge it, I think Drew is dreaming if he thinks he can go around again.
Don't get me wrong, I agree. If he plays on it could be a little embarrassing next season if he declines even further than he did next year. But he still has to have a club offer him a contract. If that offer does come in then he would have every right to play on, I mean, why wouldn't he? He gets to prolong his career doing one of the best jobs in the world.

A long preseason in Perth's Summer heat must be extremely enticing for an old bloke who's unsure if he still has enough in the tank to go round again.

I suspect Simmo is "showing interest" to help his old mate save a bit of face. I'd be amazed if he doesn't announce his retirement. So would Simmo, I reckon.

Seeing Nic Nat and Lycett both have knee injuries, Drew would be a better prospect in the ruck than Mitch Brown was v ruckless Western braves last week.

I'd rather recruit Boomer to be a ruckman than Petrie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back