Club Legend
Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Pelicans
Not there no.

I think he left on his own terms...probably before pushed.

Anyway, great clubman, all the best to him on life after football.

Essendon FC@Essendon_FC
James Hird confirms defender Henry Slattery is leaving the club to seek further opportunities. #CrichtonMedal

Not the case - Slatts was on sen this morning and the first question was (paraphrasing all of this btw) "why are you leaving?", to which Hank replied "well it's not my choice, it's the club's decision to move me on.....i still think i've got more to offer".

He went on to say he was hoping to get picked up at another club and didn't care which club, but if not he had other options up his sleeve.

Many on here will know that I thought it was a very bad idea to say the least when he was given his last contract and don't think he's anywhere near afl standard, but I'll farewell the man by reflecting on my favourite Slattery moment.

The day he went back with the flight of the ball and didn't flinch an inch with a steam rolling Fevola coming at him, would have to go down as one of the more courageous acts i've ever seen on the footy field.

Good luck Hank....i hope you get picked up somewhere :thumbsu:

Heard through the grape vine (twitter) that hank will be at port next year, will go there through the pre-season draft. really hope he gets picked up, fantastic clubman to have around the joint

Was reading my local paper and saw his mug in the local footy news. I didn't realise he played for my local team, Nuriootpa Tigers.

Didn't even know he lived my way now :oops:

He's a Winemaker at BVE

Back