Player Watch #20: Ivan Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

As an opposition supporter but a massive supporter when he played for Adelaide, it is said to see the big fella retire. Got the best out of himself and I believe played his best footy at Richmond. Top bloke too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Note to self - Never watch a retirement video speech whilst at work. Was welling up something fierce.

Loved this bloke, the fact that we shared the same heritage but also the passion he displayed every time he pulled on the jumper could never be replicated by anyone.

You may not be on any lockers or have your name in lights Ivvy, but as DH said, you will always be in our hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to self - Never watch a retirement video speech whilst at work. Was welling up something fierce.

Loved this bloke, the fact that we shared the same heritage but also the passion he displayed every time he pulled on the jumper could never be replicated by anyone.

You may not be on any lockers or have your name in lights Ivvy, but as DH said, you will always be in our hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think his name stays on the locker actually

What a huge champion/cult figure for the club. Still get goosebumps watching his goal in the Elimination final against Carlton.

“I won’t be pulling up short . . . I want to finish all the way to the finish line. And, if any of you think that I’m pulling up short, I want you to come and tell me to my face . . . to get my mind on the job because we’ve got a f...... game to win this week.

“That’s enough about me, we’ve got a f...... game to win. We’ve got to beat Port (AFL) and Essendon (VFL)"

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

what a champ both on and off the field. You guys were right I did tear up
I really hope this guy stays with the club in some way
Congrats Big fella and thanks

Powerful stuff. Geez, what a champion he is. It's often said he's softly spoken but when he speaks, people listen and you can see why. His attitude and values are from the highest shelf.

Always hoped he'd get to the 100 games but injuries probably stopped that from happening - at his peak, he was a beast. A premier ruck in the comp. His leadership definitely leaves a big impression at the club. Dimma was right, his name might not be on the lockers or the walls, but his presence will be felt at the club for years to come.

Hopefully he gets a few more AFL games before season's end. Nank could use a chop out at times too. Love this bloke to bits.

Love the bloke... Some players that have played 250+ for us don't come close to Ivvy in terms of heart and spirit.

Hope he gets his fairy tale finish or some success at some level this year.

Farewell game against the Saints in the last round.
Only if we're out of finals contention. Otherwise, get down to the VFL if you want to send him off.

I think his name stays on the locker actually
Nup, gotta play 100 games for the club for it to stay there.

We got 80 games out of the Mullet. Four years, really. Adelaide traded the pick we gave them for Ivvy to St Kilda for Tom Lynch. St Kilda used it to draft Jack Newnes. Football-wise, it's hard to argue we didn't come third in that deal. Culturally, of course, it's a different story. No doubt Ivvy will leave a legacy, and we're lucky to have had him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back