Delisted #20: Jackson Merrett - not offered a contract for 2019 - 22/8

Remove this Banner Ad

That oxygen tank gives him strange sexual powers too
MGYjCpg.jpg

I hope you are joking ?, probably lucky he has a talented brother at the club !. Surely he's had more than enough chances, I hope he proves me wrong though.
At this point it's more about is he better than a pick in the 100s (signed for 2 years) or waiting until next year. If he comes good, that a bonus, but not really a loss to the club by him staying either.

At this point it's more about is he better than a pick in the 100s (signed for 2 years) or waiting until next year. If he comes good, that a bonus, but not really a loss to the club by him staying either.
It's actually about whether he represents better value than Howlett or Bird.

I hope you are joking ?, probably lucky he has a talented brother at the club !. Surely he's had more than enough chances, I hope he proves me wrong though.

Not joking, went to three of his last four games and was inarguably our best forward over that period. He moved deep forward and was dangerous one on one. Was named 2nd and 3rd best in 2 of his last 4 games and was well on the way to another in the game he broke his leg in. He isn't best 22 with our new acquisitions but close enough to worth keeping, especially over Green.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead of keeping him on the list - try to sneak a ruck late in the draft (as all the clubs tend to wait for the rookie draft now). I'd rather take my chances with a late pick ruckman than keep Jerrett on the list any longer. Is legitimately just wasting time. Will never get a game in the seniors ahead of the current players. Couldn't even crack the team regularly in 2016.

Instead of keeping him on the list - try to sneak a ruck late in the draft (as all the clubs tend to wait for the rookie draft now). I'd rather take my chances with a late pick ruckman than keep Jerrett on the list any longer. Is legitimately just wasting time. Will never get a game in the seniors ahead of the current players. Couldn't even crack the team regularly in 2016.
As far as ruckmen go, we’ve already got Bellchambers, Luey, Draper, Lavender and Smack. That’s enough for now?

Not sure about getting another ruck but agree with the sentiment.
Would much rather see us pick up an inside mid slider (say this years Dylan Clarke or Jack Graham) than keep him on the list.

Not joking, went to three of his last four games and was inarguably our best forward over that period. He moved deep forward and was dangerous one on one. Was named 2nd and 3rd best in 2 of his last 4 games and was well on the way to another in the game he broke his leg in. He isn't best 22 with our new acquisitions but close enough to worth keeping, especially over Green.
Greens a heaps better forward and a heaps better player at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back