Delisted #20: Jackson Merrett - not offered a contract for 2019 - 22/8

Remove this Banner Ad

i dont think Brown & Ambrose were necessary.
One would have sufficed given the weather.
They went far taller than us. Brown and Ambrose did their jobs well.

I wouldn't necessarily select him off one good game. The one I'd be looking closely at is Stewart who can pinch hit second ruck and had a great game in the VFL up forward. It would also give us some flexibility to occasionally swing Hooker down back say at end of quarters or something like that.

Its great that Jerrett has put in a great performance at VFL level but Green might be fit and available who was playing well pre injury and even if not I just don't think Jerrett has enough good form behind him. I also think Langford is worth persisting with as well - even though he was poor.

5 in a VFL practice match the kid deserves a run in the firsts. After our performance today there must be some players under the pump from the coaches surely

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5 in a VFL practice match the kid deserves a run in the firsts. After our performance today there must be some players under the pump from the coaches surely

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Someone will correct me if I am wrong in saying that it's the first thing he's done all year (though he might have been training as well as Hocking has been).

Someone will correct me if I am wrong in saying that it's the first thing he's done all year (though he might have been training as well as Hocking has been).
Played the 1st two in the back pocket and from reports did ok.
Can you have swing pocket players? Tippa and jerrett rotating through defence and forward perhaps

Surely needs more than one game to leap frog McKenna and Dea.

Barring a sustained run of dominant form or a disastrous run of injuries I am doubtful we ever see Jackson play senior footy at EFC again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely needs more than one game to leap frog McKenna and Dea.

Barring a sustained run of dominant form or a disastrous run of injuries I am doubtful we ever see Jackson play senior footy at EFC again.

imo needs to back it up with another good performance. too many times we have put him in the side after 1 good VFL game only to be rubbish in the seniors.

Jackson Merrett is done. He always ******* does this - plays well in the VFL, then gets a chance, becomes anonymous for the whole match and then gets dropped again.

Let's not go through this again. He couldn't even get into our side for last parts of last year ffs.

Jackson Merrett is done. He always ******* does this - plays well in the VFL, then gets a chance, becomes anonymous for the whole match and then gets dropped again.

Let's not go through this again. He couldn't even get into our side for last parts of last year ffs.

One of those too good for the VFL but not quite good enough for the AFL.

One of those too good for the VFL but not quite good enough for the AFL.

I don't think that's entirely the case. From the handful of VFL games I watched last year, he didn't seem to be 'too good' for the VFL, was solid with out ever been outstanding.

HE CAN DO THIS

9c76d7cd00e565be97bb63a75eb318bd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back