Delisted #20: Jacob Townsend - Not offered a contract for 2021, off to the suns as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is he on our list? I didn't realize he is 27 (thought he is 24)with 52 game's.
Says it all right there.

We need to give him the run of the forward line more and then free him up to play more.

He's just such a good player. I completely understand why he has the run of our forwardline. He is teaching our other forwards what it takes to be a player Richmond de-listed and didn't take seriously for 1 week after the 2017 GF. The good news is that our forwards are learning from him. Lot's of learnings.

What level of incompetence justifies his inclusion in any team? It's absolutely astonishing. He'll probably be playing inside mid next week.

Won't win many games with Townsend and McKernan in the same forward 50, both would struggle at local level.
Having said that what do the coaches do nowadays ?, any chance of trying them in a different role ?, move Ridley/Hurley/BZT forward ...Try something for F#$ks sake...

We need to give him the run of the forward line more and then free him up to play more.

He's just such a good player. I completely understand why he has the run of our forwardline. He is teaching our other forwards what it takes to be a player Richmond de-listed and didn't take seriously for 1 week after the 2017 GF. The good news is that our forwards are learning from him. Lot's of learnings.

What level of incompetence justifies his inclusion in any team? It's absolutely astonishing. He'll probably be playing inside mid next week.
I’m there now. Like he tries hard and all..... but time to move on.

I actually think we need to play Langford permanent forward and if nothing else he gets in the way of that.

Total and utter waste of time as mentioned on here before round one.

Absolute trash decision by the club. From bringing him in right through to playing him week in week out.

He seems a reasonable player to have as the 28th on your list. Limited, but you know he will come in and give 100%. The epitome of a system player. Unfortunately it's a symptom of our list management that he is a walk up start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had enough chances to prove himself AFL quality - We can't move forward with Townsend.

Of course we cant but he is not in the side because we thought he was the answer to our forward issues. He is a cheap rookie that we actually thought may help us as a big body in the midfield. Lets face it he only plays because others are injured or not ready.

One tackle for a defensive forward or is he a marking target forward. Too slow for a small. Just don’t see what the reason for his inclusion. Stick with Begley instead

Who is just as bad and also should be shown the door. Just as slow by foot and even slower by brain.

Epitomises everything wrong with modern day footy. A try-er with 0 footy intuition/ability, however, is a system's player. Good god is he brutally s**t.

Of course we cant but he is not in the side because we thought he was the answer to our forward issues. He is a cheap rookie that we actually thought may help us as a big body in the midfield. Lets face it he only plays because others are injured or not ready.

And has not played one game for us in that role.

I could see him conceivably holding some value as a physical presence in the middle where he essentially just runs around torpedoing into people and smashing packs.

He hasn’t even really got the chance to exploit match ups in the forward line because he’s always played above his height, not on a small or medium that he can probably out mark.

Reckon he’s got 2 weeks to save his career.

The fact that Stringer, Hooker and Stewart are all playing will help him because he won’t be tethered to basically playing full forward but it’ll be all about his ground ball gets, his contested ball and his ability to impose himself physically.

To be honest I hope he plays at least some on ball, would be classic Essendon to recruit him as an inside mid and then delist him without ever using him there. I think he’s the perfect s**t shoveller.

Reckon he’s got 2 weeks to save his career.

The fact that Stringer, Hooker and Stewart are all playing will help him because he won’t be tethered to basically playing full forward but it’ll be all about his ground ball gets, his contested ball and his ability to impose himself physically.

To be honest I hope he plays at least some on ball, would be classic Essendon to recruit him as an inside mid and then delist him without ever using him there. I think he’s the perfect sh*t shoveller.
I would ot be surprised to see him on the list for 2021. What other explanation can thete be for continuing to play him at the stage we're at now? The coaches must think highly of him... or the coaches must be high thinking of him.

Went alright today. Some big hits, applied good hard pressure all day and got a snag for his troubles. Standard mare or two but I'd give him a pass for what he is.

Please. Just an abosolute spud. Calling him an "AFL Footballer" is a huge stretch.

51851223_1923428351115878_7112493132398198784_o.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back