Delisted #20: Jacob Townsend - Not offered a contract for 2021, off to the suns as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodoro says he can play as a big-bodied midfielder - It must be what he writes on every player profile.

Is that the list full now??
We can get one more to replace Johnson

Isn’t this guy a stopper.
I’m not sure what role this guy plays. Clarke’s roll?

He plays a poor man's Aaron Hamill or even Mutch Hahn when in the AFL. It's basically a third tall role but as more of a defensive player.

Assume he plays inside when playing VFL.
Won a Liston in the VFL the same season playing midfield when he broke in late to kick 11 in the last 2 H&A games to cement a spot in the finals where he kicked 5 including 2 in the GF.
Hard as a cats head and tackles to kill,dead eye dick shot at goal.
Limitations speed wise but seriously,seriously ******* tough player. The toughest.
Hope he goes well.

Won a Liston in the VFL the same season playing midfield when he broke in late to kick 11 in the last 2 H&A games to cement a spot in the finals where he kicked 5 including 2 in the GF.
Limitations speed wise but seriously,seriously ******* tough player. The toughest.
Hope he goes well.

Essendon's midfield's problem is a lack of toughness around the contest which is why Devon Smith made such an impact from the moment he came into the side. I was surprised he didn't get more games at Richmond after an impressive GF effort.

Hope he goes well.

Always struck me as one of those guys made of stone. Any contact with him would hurt.

Not really sure what I think. Not inspired but I can see a role for him, particularly as depth. Size, grunt and defensive instinct at stoppages would not go astray.

It also seemed inevitable that we'd recycle a Tiger or two. Coaches often bring players with them.

I suppose the first thing is to see how we use him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon's midfield's problem is a lack of toughness around the contest which is why Devon Smith made such an impact from the moment he came into the side. I was surprised he didn't get more games at Richmond after an impressive GF effort.
He started well in 2018 but lost his place around round 6-7 and it was tough to get back in.

Happy or sad to see him go?
I’m happy in the sense that I love watching him play and he wasn’t getting opportunities.
Sad because I love how he plays, they don’t make them like that anymore he sacrificed his own game for the team and he’s scary hard. At VFL games when you could get down on the fence you’d literally hear the audible thump and wind going out of players when he crunches them and plenty s**t themselves and get out of the way too.
Not dirty just bloody hard.
The former Giants boys will know all about it I know one of the original Giants and they used to all shudder at the thought of one on ones with him in their first years. Makes teammates lives easier .

I’m happy in the sense that I love watching him play and he wasn’t getting opportunities.
Sad because I love how he plays, they don’t make them like that anymore he sacrificed his own game for the team and he’s scary hard. At VFL games when you could get down on the fence you’d literally hear the audible thump and wind going out of players when he crunches them and plenty s**t themselves and get out of the way too.
Not dirty just bloody hard.
The former Giants boys will know all about it I know one of the original Giants and they used to all shudder at the thought of one on ones with him in their first years. Makes teammates lives easier .
I’m liking what you are putting out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back