Delisted #20: Jacob Townsend - Not offered a contract for 2021, off to the suns as a DFA

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It would be legitimate carnage at local level, you'd need st John's on perms standby
Oh man, 100%..

Several St John's teams. One for each quarter.

I totally get why Essendon recruited him this year. Apart from Ambrose and maybe Francis on his day we have had a butter soft list who wouldn't hurt a fly. Hopefully some of Townsend's grit has rubbed off.

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
He was almost best on ground in the 2017 Grand Final.
Did we even give him 22 games to see if he could reach potential.
EFC give players games for 5 matches then drop them etc and hand senior players who struggle with consistency games every week.

He played nearly every game for us this year? He’s too slow and has hands like concrete. The one thing he does do well is tackle hard, that’s about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck to him but fu** me this comp is nuts

How many Ben King uncontested chest marks is he going to spoil with his face next year?

EFC give players games for 5 matches then drop them etc and hand senior players who struggle with consistency games every week.
???? Best on ground in a GF with 8 touches? And he played 12 out of 17 games this season. If you ain’t his father you’re his mother!

He wasn't in Richmond's best

I don't get how this guy was so easily shoved from his previous 3 clubs. Offers more than at least 6 guys from every one of those teams.
Just limited that’s all but you won’t get a more loved teammate,he even recognizes it himself. Essendon were spewing they couldn’t keep him around, they offloaded some selfish types which has made a huge difference but this wasn’t one of them.
He was taken by GC not so much to be a player but as a mentor and basically an assistant who would play if things got dire.
And there is no better way for Towner to show what it’s about in regards to intent and team first footy than on the park when the opportunity presents.
He’s been an asset at every club he’s been to.

Until we actually have to pick him in the seniors and all he does is try and take hangers, spoil his own man and run into every contest head first for very little return.

He played a cracking first game for us, I’ll give him that much

Back