Senior 20: James Willis (2021 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, that was 3 months ago. How is he tracking?

Yep...largely silence around him...wasn't seen at the practice match. Let's see if he bobs up next week. If not, its not a great sign.

I hope he's fine..looks like a "goer" from the limited amount I have seen of him.

Yep, that was 3 months ago. How is he tracking?

This was posted on the club website a week or two ago:

James Willis (Selection 32 National Draft)

“Brucey Willis has settled into the club well,” the Academy coaches say.

“He had some knee issues last year that has affected him at the start of pre-season. We're working with the medical team to have him best placed going into the season.

“He’s a really solid mid already, so his body shape is not far off what he’s going to be as an AFL mid. We are starting to see his strength of contested ball, spread and good ball use in his training.

“He understands the game really well. He’s starting to look more comfortable as our only interstate draftee this year and we are seeing him come out of his shell."

He posted a story on Instagram late last week of him arriving at the airport with his knee in a sleeve and he had a very heavy limp.

I guess he has done something to his knee/leg and they have allowed him some time at home whilst he is in recovery..

Attachments

• C7A1441D-D7F6-42B3-A54B-255D4EB07EF0.jpeg
    C7A1441D-D7F6-42B3-A54B-255D4EB07EF0.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 93
He posted a story on Instagram late last week of him arriving at the airport with his knee in a sleeve and he had a very heavy limp.

I guess he has done something to his knee/leg and they have allowed him some time at home whilst he is in recovery..
Likely the bandage on the knee is simply a compression bandage he used for the flight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The highlights from his VFL debut looked good. He’s coming from a very long way back in his prep, but he showed burst, aggression and he’s strong over the ball.
Hadn’t seen any of the game so happy to see highlights. His gather with one hand, change of direction and burst of speed was extremely impressive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back