Past 20. Lachie Plowman

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you for all you did for the Blues Plow. I hope that he can look past all the arsehole supporters that abused him over the years, I remember a time when Plowman not playing meant a guaranteed 50+ point loss.

Hopefully in 20 years time we see another Plow playing for us in the AFL or AFLW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never deserved the stupid amount of hate he got from some of the "supporter" base. Had his flaws but gave it his all during our darkest of days, while under the spotlight in a tough position.

Well done and thank you for your efforts in the navy blue.

Thank you Mr. Plow

A magnificent Clubman during a period that we desperately needed them.

Had some absolute blinders against some of the best forwards in the competition.

As maligned as he consistently was, he was important in helping us get through some really bad years and I for one and grateful for that.

Thanks Mr Plow

Got the best out of himself and covered more gaps than he was ever given credit for. Spent plenty of time in here defending him from those looking for a scapegoat and don’t regret a second of it.

For the final time :

Not enough love for Plowman

I am shocked that the club has had to disable comments on his retirement notice.
I think probably nearly all of us at times have directed frustration at players and said things about them that we wouldn't dare say to their face. I now make sure all my comments are those that I'd be pleased for the player to hear. I think players are under immense scrutiny. In no other job are you weekly scrutinised to within an inch of your life by your friends, family and broader public. They get paid good money of course, but I don't see that this justifies ruthless tear downs.
It would be good to think Carlton could become a place where supporters prop up rather than pull down its players.

Plow always got the tough jobs in the hard days, sometimes he got flogged, sometimes he won them, but he always gave 100% The pity was that he hasn't been on the radar whilst we came good, but that's like life, it will go on after our demise, that sun will come up tomorrow. 145 games don't just happen at this level, bravo Plow a job very well done!!

Always loved Plow.👍👍

When he was good, he was real good.

Played on talls, smalls, didn’t matter.

Shame after all the years he kept it together down back, he wasn’t there at the end.

Wish him the best.

Ed: loved his hair.
Yeh he always had a hair thing going on….some out there doos
all the best Plow !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back