Past 20. Lachie Plowman

Remove this Banner Ad

......who at 189cm basically assumes a KPD role.

Reduced rotations may yet have an impact on how tall a side comes out onto the field.

It will be interesting to see where trends develop and there will be new trends.
If that observation comes to fruition then a player like Tomlinson who has good stamina would be a valuable pick up.

If that observation comes to fruition then a player like Tomlinson who has good stamina would be a valuable pick up.

He could well be but not for height and stamina alone.
I did say I haven't seen enough of him to make any assessment and if we liked him last year, we'll likely like him again this year.

Our second rounder given what they put us through last year? O.K.

Lachie really showed plenty, that would have buoyed Bolton today.
Just the type that he loves; A guy that can take the game on and make good decisions along the way.

It was only a VFL match but the smarts were very much on show.
What I liked in particular was his general awareness and poise and preparedness to gain yardage by taking the opposition on.
It wasn't a one-off because he just did too many smart things for that to be the case.

Should complement our back-line beautifully when selected and fit to run out a game as he can mix it with the smalls as well as the talls.

By point proving they lost a first rounder for mccarthy and tomlinson.

I think their point had some merit though. First rounders they have in spades. They'll have another four or five this year (taking academy picks into the picture). Players holding the club to ransom, walking out and pulling the pin was getting to be an issue (the Boyd thing really brought it to a head), and it rightly needed to be nipped in the bud.

Great to see him make his club debut on Saturday night.

Matched up on Stringer - who we know is an excellent footballer - and more than held his own.

Looking forward to seeing him develop over the next few years, in particular in tandem with Weitering. Could be a very strong tall defensive duo for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really liked his game probably played the best first game of all the traded players we bought in, thought it was a risk pre-game to drop jamo for him but bolts was 100% right on this one no way jamo could have spoiled as many as plowman did.
Can this player discussion be moved to the main board? i feel he should get as much praise if not more than sumner.

Was a great debut. So happy at least one position group looks like it could be set for the next few years. Defence might just be a-ok.

One thing I would like to see improvement on with Plowman is contested marking. There was a couple of spoils that I thought he was in position 1a for the mark, but spoiled. What he did do well was spoil to a spot for us (as mentioned before) he hit Weitering a couple of times. Really smart play and if he keeps doing that then he has plenty of time for the marking to come.

Plowman's a good mark and we'll see him backing himself more and more. Loves to take the game on.
Look forward to him combining with Docherty, Byrne & Weitering in the future. Plenty of smarts and run coming out from the back-line.

These guys could be together for years to come. If only we luck it in with JGM and DVR coming good, it could be quite special.

I actually thought he looked more composed than weitering.
Great first effort.
Hard to think he couldn't perform up at gws and it's not like there Backline has there deepest vein of talent.

Great first effort.
Hard to think he couldn't perform up at gws and it's not like there Backline has there deepest vein of talent.

Plowman was injured for protracted periods of time, when at GWS.

Not much doubting what he was capable of, but maybe his size didn't quite appeal to the new regime....???

Plowman's a good mark and we'll see him backing himself more and more. Loves to take the game on.
Look forward to him combining with Docherty, Byrne & Weitering in the future. Plenty of smarts and run coming out from the back-line.

These guys could be together for years to come. If only we luck it in with JGM and DVR coming good, it could be quite special.

Good to hear he has a good mark. From what I saw it wasn't so much poor marking as it was the decision to punch vs mark. Comes down to confidence which will come for the lad.

Good to hear he has a good mark. From what I saw it wasn't so much poor marking as it was the decision to punch vs mark. Comes down to confidence which will come for the lad.

He looked O.K. for someone who hasn't played a lot of football in recent times and who was hindered with next to no pre-season, at all.

Decided to watch the game and saw a lot of what was on display the week before in the VFL; Plowman doesn't like to give the ball back and will back himself to look for the best option even if that means taking on he opposition by way of a run. He'll get caught at times but that's a hell of a lot better than a Hail Mary kick out of defence at every call.

Great first effort.

Heath Shaw took his place..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back