Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't take a single contested mark against non AFL listed players. Isn't ready.

Some of you should get off your arses and go watch the VFL instead of thinking the AFL side exists as a showcase for your curiosity.
yet Daw had the second highest contested marks on the weekend and apparently he is s**t!

yet Daw had the second highest contested marks on the weekend and apparently he is s**t!

He is s**t, and anyone that can't work that very simple fact out knows nothing about football.

Yes maybe an extra 6 to 8 kg to his body in muscle
He is fighting two, maybe 3 opponents in the VFL and his effectiveness has been stifled in recent weeks.
Considering the way we move the ball in the 1s he just needs to get some mass into his core and upper body because it aint getting any easier.

Bring him in for Wood next week. With Brown taking 2 or 3 defenders, the old stager w80 back and JZ playing forward there not much pressure on Souva. Have BBB lead early taking half the opposition with him under the ball as the decoy and look to hit nick on the chest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring him in for Wood next week. With Brown taking 2 or 3 defenders, the old stager w80 back and JZ playing forward there not much pressure on Souva. Have BBB lead early taking half the opposition with him under the ball as the decoy and look to hit nick on the chest.

Wood will never be dropped for Larkey

If he didn't play against Gold Coast at Etihad when we had Wood and Waite out, I highly doubt he is going to come in for the finals run in.

If Garner was fit he might come in for Wood (who I agree isn't doing much) but Larkey is such a different player. In a lot of ways I reckon he's very similar to Ben Brown or at least a quicker, shorter version.

Kicked 3.3 today. Missed some sodas and should've been further in front. Have the bye this week and Lisle is 3 away.
Raised the ire of a team mate or 2 by not giving a handball and then spraying his shot. In the next instance is entirely demanding of the football.

If Garner was fit he might come in for Wood (who I agree isn't doing much) but Larkey is such a different player. In a lot of ways I reckon he's very similar to Ben Brown or at least a quicker, shorter version.
Garners gone. The experiment of if they could get him hammies right is over. Hes in a worse position than this time last year.

Larkey in full flight
Looking to carry over the form from his five-goal haul against Williamstown, Larkey was an ever-present threat in North’s forward six.

Although conditions made it difficult for the forward when kicking against the wind, the 20-year-old still ended the afternoon with three goals and seven marks, underlining his worth as a tall target.

Heading into the round as the competition’s leading scorer, a bag in his final game of the season against Werribee, following next week’s bye could seal his fate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back