Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 2018 Frosty Miller Medalist with 41 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heaps of fun

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Reckons he’s put on 10. What’s his ideal playing weight? Wouldn’t want to be over 100, surely?
Probably around 93-95kg I reckon. His game is built around speed and mobility. I think he has a similar build as Justin Westhoff and would play a similar role at AFL level.

kangaspurs

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Probably around 93-95kg I reckon. His game is built around speed and mobility. I think he has a similar build as Justin Westhoff and would play a similar role at AFL level.
I rate Westhoff, but I'm not convinced that Larkey could play the intercept back role, as a mobile ruckman, or as a tall winger like Westhoff does. He's a unique footballer.

While Westhoff is a competent forward, I also think Larkey will have him well covered as a natural KPF going forward.

I hope he comes in and takes Waite's spot next year. There's a lot to like about him and I think he would be a decent foil for Brown. I wouldn't be surprised to see him kick 35+ next year if he played every game in the senior side, which would be a great return for a pick 70-something KPF who still has a lot of development to come.

Top Bottom