Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking good. Give him another 5-6kgs and I look forward to seeing a forward there for us that clunks marks and isn't adverse to sticking a knee in the back of anyone that is stupid enough to stand in front of him. Leaving aside Waite's ability I think Brown is somewhat his own worst enemy when it comes to lack of mongrel on field.

Unlike most of his forward team mates, looks like he actually wants to kick goals, and does.

Technique. It's basically flawless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Statically his game doesn't look great, but sheesh he helped straighten us up and gave us another target. His marking is a feature, but what really caught my eye was when he took em on and went on a run. Had time, which you just cannot buy.

Very impressive, very excited by what this guy brings.

He moves through traffic like a midfielder

Might have been Carlton trying to uphill ski back to their players and running past him, but he does generate some absurd time and space for a bloke of his size

Statically his game doesn't look great, but sheesh he helped straighten us up and gave us another target. His marking is a feature, but what really caught my eye was when he took em on and went on a run. Had time, which you just cannot buy.

Gave a target all day and facilitated separation for the other forwards.

The one handed trap at ground level that set up a goal for us when Carlton looked like rebounding was one of my highlights of the day.

Don’t worry about the stats. At the ground you could see the power of work he did. Contest after contest and was hardly beaten.

Having a forward who works hard and halves the contest at worst benefited the rest of the side.

Today was a Petrie like performance where he did a lot of work that benefitted his team mates.

The only blue he made all day was when he should have punched the ball through the Carlton goals, but went for a contested mark, fell over, and they goaled.

Otherwise, a good team contribution.

Hard man to please Snake.

True but if our coaches were this full on then we'd be better off and so would the kids coming into the side.

We're obviously missing a level of perfectionism and have been for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back