Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - kicks 5 vs Essendon, then 6 vs Richmond, then 9 vs GCS to finish with 71 for '23 - 2023 All Australian - Congrats Souv!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Gave a target all day and facilitated separation for the other forwards.

The one handed trap at ground level that set up a goal for us when Carlton looked like rebounding was one of my highlights of the day.

Any chance of getting this one up giantroo ?

He really looks like a Drew clone. Couple more kg's and we may have a monster. So good for BBB.

Things to do for the transformation to be complete:

Kick 6 goals in a quarter.
Kick 7 goals on Alex Rance.
Kick the winning goals in a final and celebrate with a Frank the tank.

Daisy was a little unlucky, but the best bit was Larkey's presence of mind to get up from the ground and deliver properly rather than hacking it forward from on the ground.

I use "hacking it forward" pointedly here.
Daisy should have been given a free for a push in the back.

Daisy should have been given a free for a push in the back.

He was already out of the contest when it happened. There would be 1,000 frees a game if every off the ball technical breach was paid.

I was referring to his good effort in positioning for the mark but then not quite holding it.

as referring to his good effort in positioning for
He was already out of the contest when it happened. There would be 1,000 frees a game if every off the ball technical breach was paid.

I was referring to his good effort in positioning for the mark but then not quite holding it.
I was trolling! Nothing unlucky about Daisy, should have held the mark.

Krakoueraddict

Team Captain
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is great, but he also had another 2-3 really clean ground ball gets in traffic and wasn't afraid to hold onto the ball for a couple of seconds to assess. If he hadn't of tripped over one time (I can't remember when) he would have set up another goal for sure. Solid solid game.

For me, having Larkey in the forward line creates a much better “vibe”, as opposed to when we went with Campbell in R2/3. Nothing against Campbell - he strikes me as a good, honest player. However, I don’t believe he should ever be in the firsts unless Goldy gets injured. That’s the reason we brought him in. If/when Maj returns, Tom goes down another rung.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
No bigger indictment on the coaching panel than the fact this bloke has managed 3 senior games in 3 years on the list.

Absolute disgrace is our selection policy.

Souva is a pretty good athlete- think he played wing for vic metro in some games

Back