Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - kicks 5 vs Essendon, then 6 vs Richmond, then 9 vs GCS to finish with 71 for '23 - 2023 All Australian - Congrats Souv!

What I like about Larkey is he looks comfortable in his height.

Tall blokes often look like newborn giraffes running around the ground but he looks to be fairly agile for his height.

Last edited:
Selection No.73 – Nick Larkey
Bryce Lewis says: "Nick has been a bit of a swingman. He played back for Oakleigh Chargers and in the National Championships. But he's kicked multiple goals when forward for Oakleigh and has pinch-hit in the ruck, so he's a bit of a troubleshooter. He still has a lot of filling out to do at 198cm, but we think he offers us some versatility as a tall."

larkey.png

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, SF 49ers
Like the 30-60 range.

Liked what I saw from him against VC when I watched it earlier in the month. Made me look him up. Thought he would be a good late pick up.

Throws himself at the contest. Good mark and set of hands, strong hands. Looks like a much better mark than Watson. Obviously taller and a much better athlete aswell. Alot to work with.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like the look of him. Plays proactive footy, takes the game on and clearly has some skills. Lots of time to work on his body with the amount of KPP we have. Could see him becoming a Tom Lynch (Ade) or Justin Westhoff like player.

So he averaged basically 12 touches, 4 handball receives, 4 marks, a tackle and a goal and a half per game from 10 games in the TAC Cup.

Not bad for a 198cm key forward.

I suppose the positive from reading those stats is that he didn't have games where he was entirely out of it. In games where he didn't impact the scoreboard, he still had above average disposals, marks, handball receives or tackles. Finds a way to get involved.

Back