Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we all bemoan some of his efforts at times, but I’ve been pretty impressed by some of the smarts and cleanness below the knees he has consistently shown this year. Reckon if he had the athleticism and body of a Majak Daw say he would be a phenomenon.

I know we all bemoan some of his efforts at times, but I’ve been pretty impressed by some of the smarts and cleanness below the knees he has consistently shown this year. Reckon if he had the athleticism and body of a Majak Daw say he would be a phenomenon.

Larkey still looks a few years from getting his body to its peak in terms of strength and mass. He's come a long way since he started though. Makes it more impressive that he has gotten results recently as the primary tall target.

Shame on all you dickheads who were saying he was no good at the start of the year when we were getting belted.
It helps that the delivery has been much better to him today.

It helps that the delivery has been much better to him today.

Blokes were sticking the boots into him something shocking at the start of the year and it was bloody unfair considering he was busting his arse and getting abysmal delivery. He has been fantastic since the bye and it deserves to be recognised more than it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a game. Got fed all day and could only kick seven. JOKING!!!!! YES - he was sensationally good. Loved his game. Took a few contested marks, contested well all day - love it. Loved the way he actually got out one on one (and won). Not sure if that was a change of plan for him or Carlton played him differently. But best game I have seen him play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back