Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. However, BBB is mature and has more or less reached his capacity. The other three are on a steep upward curve. I had a horrible feeling about BBB when I heard about Atley and Ahern having knee complaints today. It strikes me that he has been very fortunate to avoid any serious knee issues since he arrived in the seniors. Given his knee history in his youth years and the “look” of him, I can’t help it thinking it’s only a matter of time before he succumbs. My fingers are well and truly crossed on that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah. First preseason with no clean ups or surgeries

We haven’t seen the best of BBB yet

A bit of recognition for Souva in todays Hun, article on kicking accuracy (set shot), he is 2nd on the list of top 10, (housemate Zurhaar was 4th), also got his pic in the piece too, a sign of things to come :thumbsu:
IMG-20200219-WA0017.jpg IMG-20200219-WA0018.jpg

I love how he talks about playing on majak. For one, good to hear majak is going for it and even improving in the contested stuff, which is evidence in the videos too. But also relishing that. And going back against with equal effort, and learning from it. Multiple levels of development going on.

Soon to be powerhouse forward, you can see the monster forward in house when he fills out his physique. Benny brown at his best is a nimble, lead up forward who could take a great leap and has very good skills around the ground for a bloke his size. BB will never be a powerhouse forward like Hawkin, Tex Walker, not even Petrie but Larkey definitely has that potential.

Soon to be powerhouse forward, you can see the monster forward in house when he fills out his physique.

We used to say he was a skinny kid. He still is but he seems bigger now, but his body seems bigger (but skinny) as well. He's probably got at least another 5 kgs to add to that frame. He's still got a bit of the gangly puppy look that means he hasn't grown into his body yet.

We used to say he was a skinny kid. He still is but he seems bigger now, but his body seems bigger (but skinny) as well. He's probably got at least another 5 kgs to add to that frame. He's still got a bit of the gangly puppy look that means he hasn't grown into his body yet.
It’s the mullet, gives him an extra few inches across the shoulders and the air of invincibility on the field.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back