Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - kicks 5 vs Essendon, then 6 vs Richmond, then 9 vs GCS to finish with 71 for '23 - 2023 All Australian - Congrats Souv!

showusyacunningt

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
doghouse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Haleing goals
Oh wow, the version of Singapore that was in my head is a quite different arrangement from the one on the record.

Also, there is almost nothing he hasn't used for percussion Rubbish bin lids, car bodies, fire hydrants, those bones that medical students buy for their anatomy classes ... come to think of it, I'm not sure he ever used actual drums.

Singapore features a chest of drawers getting smashed over by a 2x4.

Raindogs was my first introduction to Waits as a young man, I still remember where I was and what it was like hearing Singapore for the first time. One of a few artists that's sort of a revelation the first time you hear them and shifts your place in music.

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
This sounds like an injury I picked up recently, horrible to walk/run on but if its not a stress fracture it should go away pretty easily.

Singapore features a chest of drawers getting smashed over by a 2x4.

Raindogs was my first introduction to Waits as a young man, I still remember where I was and what it was like hearing Singapore for the first time. One of a few artists that's sort of a revelation the first time you hear them and shifts your place in music.
I had a similar experience. Rain Dogs is still one of my all times faves.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With Big Souv in the last 2 weeks we'd have added at least 1-3 goals to the tally per game, and those both turn out to be wins.

Larkey doesn't get pushed off his man as easily as Brown, and doesn't require a strong lead in order to mark, he can stand in the hole amongst 1-3 defenders and manage to pull one down and easily sink it through the big sticks.

We need this guy back as badly as we need Cunnington back.

20200708_141840.jpg

Back