Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Organising a Larkey cardboard cut out as we speak.

Put it in the goal square and we then save on match payments.

Nick Larkey 2021 is basically Ben Brown 2020.

The absolutely predictable result of poor delivery and a player built with high centre of gravity trying to play power style role with no credible dangerous target in support drawing fire away from them.
You're right - and doesn't it put the poor year from Brown in perspective, as well as the stupid decision to trade him.

Can we keep a running counter every time someone on this board laments not drafting Logan McDonald?

Take a shot every time someone says his name

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbell should have played the games Xerri hasn't been fit for. Nick is out of form but he can't be effective in this set up, especially if we then drop Goldy a kick behind play.

Thats kinda my point though.

The best forward lines are those that are dangerous even when the ball is not coming in to advantage.
I honestly can't think of a consistnat dangerous forward line that didn't have fast ball movement to advantage.

Take a shot every time someone says his name

"Logan McDonald"
"Logan McDonald"
"Logan McDonald"
"Logan McDonald"
"Logan McDOnald"
"LoRan McDonald"
"Logaaaan!!! Maccca!"

Logan McDonald in our team right now would be touch less and goalless and would be labelled a bust

Literally lol if you don’t have a strong functioning midfield how do the forwards get the ball?

Logan McDonald in our team right now would be touch less and goalless and would be labelled a bust

Nonsense.

I think Phillips was a great selection and support it but I'd have McDonald over bloody Larkey also.

Literally lol if you don’t have a strong functioning midfield how do the forwards get the ball?

It takes two to tango. Sometimes the mids' stuff ups are directly a result of forwards not working hard enough to present an option. If you've got nothing to kick to, the chances of a turnover increase exponentially.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back