Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently went into this year with a real "I'm the full forward - my sh*t doesn't stink" mentality, and it shows.

To be fair the club sort of facilitated that line of thinking through its actions.

I’ve seen him at training and pre-game

Doubt it

but if true then who the hell does he think he’s wants to be?! Wayne Carey!?

I haven't seen that in him either, and I have watched him since he started.

Doubt it

but if true then who the hell does he think he’s wants to be?! Wayne Carey!?

It was only a passing comment made to me by someone close to the club, and it wasn't considered a hugely negative thing at the time. You want your forwards to be confident and cocky to a certain extent, for sure.

But given the results... hmmm...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worked hard the whole game despite having to compete with more than one opponent. Made a target tho often the kicks didn't reach anywhere near him. Some better delivery would see us get a better result.

Definitely changed the dynamic of the forward line went he went up the ground.

Definitely changed the dynamic of the forward line went he went up the ground.

If we think back to his dominant VFL years it was not monstering people in contests, but his incredibly smart movement that got him bags of goals. I think he's much better suited to CHF than FF. When he's stagnant he's putrid. When he's on his bike he gets into fantastic positions and influences the game.

If we think back to his dominant VFL years it was not monstering people in contests, but his incredibly smart movement that got him bags of goals. I think he's much better suited to CHF than FF. When he's stagnant he's putrid. When he's on his bike he gets into fantastic positions and influences the game.

Nicks assets are that he's smart & clean. He'll be alright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back