Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Why you would throw a kid to the wolves after missing 2 weeks injured is beyond me.

A few weeks ago Brad said he wanted to bring in Preuss when he was up and going but the rules are different for other players....wtf.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It was a strange inclusion. Like good on Scott for playing kids but to debut two weeks after a knee injury.

Oh well it didn't kill him. May as well play McKay before the years out. Maybe round 23 lol

Why you would throw a kid to the wolves after missing 2 weeks injured is beyond me.

A few weeks ago Brad said he wanted to bring in Preuss when he was up and going but the rules are different for other players....wtf.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BBB thread is thataway >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think he makes a fair point. There's giving kids a taste of it but a physically undeveloped KF coming off a short run of games?

He's been given games on potential. That's enough and will spur him on so that he's knows what's required. We are in the "play the kids" situation and we're playing them. Lachie could have could in instead yesterday but that didn't happen. I like that he has debuted in his first year and happy with gifting him games. I'd do it again next year as well, which should hopefully fast track his development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the big thing about Larkey? I'm not seeing the potential others are clearly seeing.
He's tall, has a good tank, and seems to be getting to the right spots. It's just that his body is incredibly underdeveloped which against half decent opposition means they can all but ignore him.

He has shown a lot more than BMac at VFL level - the number attached to his draft selection is irrelevant.

Not sure though why he was picked ahead of Zurhaar this week - that was a strange decision - but i am on board with the Souva - he'll be a good player.

I am with you on this, we are putting a lot of faith into a pick 73 selection that can barely get a touch. Odd.

What about Ben Mckay?

On VFL performance Larkey has been miles ahead.

McKay should come good, but at the moment he's closer to getting sa game in the divi league then the seniors.

On VFL performance Larkey has been miles ahead.

McKay should come good, but at the moment he's closer to getting sa game in the divi league then the seniors.

Larkey just isn't physically ready, but he has the smarts.

McKay will build slowly. I hope they keep him in defence for a stint. It didn't hurt Carey & Longmire during their development.

Larkey just isn't physically ready, but he has the smarts.

McKay will build slowly. I hope they keep him in defence for a stint. It didn't hurt Carey & Longmire during their development.

Agree. Send Larkey back now that he knows what's required. Could be the making of him.

Brads always gone with the 3 talls structure, nows the perfect time to experiment with a smaller set up.

He has shown a lot more than BMac at VFL level - the number attached to his draft selection is irrelevant.

Not sure though why he was picked ahead of Zurhaar this week - that was a strange decision - but i am on board with the Souva - he'll be a good player.

The lack of Zurhaar boggled my mind as well, very much deserved a spot.

That stiff arm :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

I am happy to go down the youth path as much as possible. But playing this under developed kid after not having a touch for about 5-6 weeks was throwing him to the wolves.
Needs to play out the year in the vfl and have a full pre season before he is considered again.
For where his body is at and the delivery in that game he didn't do a hell of lot wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back