Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy to state that I wasn't seduced by any of those.

Le Cras should have played a few more games, but that's about it.

The last seconds bloke I can remember raving about that didn't make it was Ayden Kennedy, who definitely must have back doored Brad on an end of season footy trip, before succumbing to injury. I have absolutely no doubt he had the ability to be a solid AFL player..

It was a bit of a post in mirth mate, can't say any of those struck me as worldbeaters though I thought Lindsay might've been a new age of ruck-forward and Digby's first senior games promised a bit of canny forward craft.

Main point was Larkey shows some nice smarts but I'm probably less certain of him making it than you. Hope you're right of course :thumbsu:.

Ben Schwarze.

Is it possible to be cursed? Look at our luck recruiting from our own VFL sides.

Port Melbourne.. We take Schwarze and Josh Gibson. Schwarze is a bust. Last seen working as a Screech impersonator. Gibson comes on and ****s off to hawthorn and multiple flags.

North Ballarat... we do a pre-draft deal to get Richardson. Richardson is a bust. Last seen back in his old Village Gold Class usher gig. Isaac Smith floats into the late first round and ****s off to hawthorn and multiple flags.

Life is cruel.

Is it possible to be cursed? Look at our luck recruiting from our own VFL sides.

Port Melbourne.. We take Schwarze and Josh Gibson. Schwarze is a bust. Last seen working as a Screech impersonator. Gibson comes on and ****s off to hawthorn and multiple flags.

North Ballarat... we do a pre-draft deal to get Richardson. Richardson is a bust. Last seen back in his old Village Gold Class usher gig. Isaac Smith floats into the late first round and ****s off to hawthorn and multiple flags.

Life is cruel.

Richardson had ability, and had produced better form in the VFL than Smith.

However, injuries cruelled him and then I heard his attitude went to s**t and he ended up leaching off the club for the remainder of his contract, with no real drive to make it as an AFL player.

Last edited:

He was very lucky to get another crack, but I'm comfortable enough that he did considering our injuries/ladder position.

Showed a bit (good and bad).

What is stark is that with half the list out injured we'd prefer to blood guys not ready, yet mature players like LT, Hansen and Anderson are overlooked.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the kid just needs to get his mind right on matchday as he looked a bit like a possum in a set of headlights in his first couple of runs. he had his donut now its all forward for him, the ability to kick goals was very much on display in the ressies, definitely looks to have bulked up a bit that wont hurt his confidence.

the kid just needs to get his mind right on matchday as he looked a bit like a possum in a set of headlights in his first couple of runs. he had his donut now its all forward for him, the ability to kick goals was very much on display in the ressies, definitely looks to have bulked up a bit that wont hurt his confidence.

Yep, he looked like a ripping FF prospect in that Werribee game v Sandringham, hitting pack marks at speed and kicking assuredly. Needs time and physical development combined with the self confidence which will follow.

It was a bit of a post in mirth mate, can't say any of those struck me as worldbeaters though I thought Lindsay might've been a new age of ruck-forward and Digby's first senior games promised a bit of canny forward craft.

Main point was Larkey shows some nice smarts but I'm probably less certain of him making it than you. Hope you're right of course :thumbsu:.

I'm on board and reckon once he fills out 198cm - 85kg's we'll have a player, like others I'm in no hurry. Watched a few VFL games and he went very well....

"Booted four goals in his best outing yet at VFL level. Big impact on the contest".
"Booted four goals and was dangerous throughout the day in attack".
"Booted four goals and was the man most likely in attack for the Bees".

Played 10 games and kicked 21 goals- has a future of that I'm sure, Benny Brown started in similar fashion.

Only his 2nd season. Still a teenager (I think? ). Long way to go yet. Reckon he is ahead of where similar players were (Petrie , Brown) at the same point due to his excellent VFL form last year. High hopes.

View attachment 442259
Anyone seen the recent pic of Souva??
Freak me him looks as fit as freightruck !! Seriously !! Injury free summer and he will light up the place.
Toot toot !!

He'll need to be.

The pressure for spots on the list is rising fast.

Definitely earmarked to replace Waite.......and with the form of Wood getting injured way too often theres a great chance he'll get game time next year. If not 2019 be his year.
The puppy fat from his face and neck is gone......and by the pic above he'll need the run up and back opening the forward line up for BBB.
I love his attack on the ball in the in air......the way he broke up the packs makes the opposition players have one eye on him knowing full too well he's going to jump at the ball.

Shown nothing so far for mine. Looking forward to understanding what our recruiting staff see in him with that extension last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back