Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC - plays game 100 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

He actually reminds me a lot of Ben Brown in his movement and the way he hits up at the ball. Got some seriously sticky hands and is surprisingly agile and clean at ground level too. His set shot technique is simple, repeatable and has shown great results.

Souva is going to play a huge part in our future.

He actually reminds me a lot of Ben Brown in his movement and the way he hits up at the ball. Got some seriously sticky hands and is surprisingly agile and clean at ground level too. His set shot technique is simple, repeatable and has shown great results.

That's always been my thought. Browny, rather than Drew. Similar quality in his set shot as well, without the distinctive run-up that Browny has. Similar effectiveness though. Has great mobility too. Really gets around the ground. Takes a lot of marks on the wing. Great recruiting, finding this guy.

That's always been my thought. Browny, rather than Drew. Similar quality in his set shot as well, without the distinctive run-up that Browny has. Similar effectiveness though. Has great mobility too. Really gets around the ground. Takes a lot of marks on the wing. Great recruiting, finding this guy.

Also has realistic self-awareness. Knows he won't be a player until he can hold his own against the big defenders. The gym is his friend.

Well they both like media street

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barely sighted in 2nd half. Had 3 on him which is a shame, was hoping for a big bag.

It's flattering for a 19 year old 93 kg one game kid to get that treatment.

I suspect it will happen on more occasions throughout his footy career, so best to learn how to deal with it now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back