Delisted 20. Oscar Brownless (F/S) (2018-2019),(2020-2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember back then I called him Billy Ballless coz he lacked effort and aggression. He never used his large frame to advantage in the contest and was an average forward at best imo!
what a crock

If Billy hadn't been playing along side a certain GA, who was quite handy at kicking a goal, you would wonder how many he might have kicked.

what a crock

If Billy hadn't been playing along side a certain GA, who was quite handy at kicking a goal, you would wonder how many he might have kicked.
So what's your point?!? Just speculation?!? You got nothing to dispel what i said. Billy was far more committed to his 'frothies' than his football! He could have been a great player but too soft, so let's move on>>>

So what's your point?!? Just speculation?!? You got nothing to dispel what i said. Billy was far more committed to his 'frothies' than his football! He could have been a great player but too soft, so let's move on>>>
And what proof have you got? It’s just an opinion unless you back it up with actual evidence and not just your own observations and subjective “soft” rating.

The last bit reads like it’s saying because he wasn’t a HoF legend like GAS he was average. Come off it.

Hey he quoted me and commented 'what a crock' and then backed it up with speculation! I'm just calling a crock a crock!
Yeah I get that, I was just trying to point out that you’ve both done the same thing.

“He could have been great, but he was soft and uncommitted” = “he could have been great, but for GAS being the main target.”

Anyway, why don’t we talk about our new draftee other than his dad? The media will do enough of that over this kid’s career, no need to add to it.

He's the player I'm most confident about out of this current crop of draftees to make the grade.

Hope he does :thumbsu: What role do you see Brownless playing when he’s ‘made the grade’?

I’d say I’m the most confident about Clark but that’s playing it safe, to go for a risky one I’d say Tarca.

Hope he does :thumbsu: What role do you see Brownless playing when he’s ‘made the grade’?

I’d say I’m the most confident about Clark but that’s playing it safe, to go for a risky one I’d say Tarca.
He'll play smack bang in the centre eventually. He'll start off on a flank or a wing and once he puts on some size he'll transition to on-ball. He's a natural leader who has some really good game sense and football smarts.

He is all class

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll play smack bang in the centre eventually. He'll start off on a flank or a wing and once he puts on some size he'll transition to on-ball. He's a natural leader who has some really good game sense and football smarts.

He is all class

Looks like inside mid will be his go as he develops. Reads the ball off hands well. I'm not sure he's going to ever be a match winner, if he makes it will be as that consistent, dependable type that will turn up each week giving 110%.

I'm impressed with his interview. Seems a really level headed kid that as you say has good leadership qualities.

He is all class

I see him as a GHS clone, both good football brains but extremely slow and lack the physical traits.

I see him as a GHS clone, both good football brains but extremely slow and lack the physical traits.
Brownless isn't slow. You'll find that out for yourself soon enough.

The biggest determinant once you have the basic platform is how hard you are willing to work. The reason so many father/sons make it is because they a) have good genetics, b) raised in an environment of hard work and see it first hand. Many players have the attributes but not the mental side of things, some crack under pressure, others aren't willing to work hard enough. Brownless has the right genetics and hopefully the right attitude to make it if he is willing to put in the hard yards.

I remember when Billy was a tall thin strapping aerialist.

As do I, Vdubs.

084884-82e84a1a-42d0-11e4-9fcd-2dc30e9f71be.jpg

CWVwJweVAAA3sip.jpg

Oscar+Brownless+Vic+Country+vs+Western+Australia+na2Qkk0yShkl.jpg

Quite similar physiques

Slow as treacle. Close to the slowest at the club.
Ain’t seen a 2k time yet, not a 15 min time trial nor times a for repeated 200ms... but slow as treacle.

Bobby the unsubstantiated GFC grinch is here early.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back