Delisted 20. Oscar Brownless (F/S) (2018-2019),(2020-2021)

With pick 74 in the 2018 National Draft GFC selects FS pick Oscar Brownless

Go Catters

Payed the right price. Got 2 years to develop and grow. He'll need them IMO but he's go the time now has to produce. Having a solid tank already can keep him in games longer - advantage SOB.

GO Catters

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
What are Oscar's height and weight?
NH3ZsTZ.jpg

Probably unlikely, but nostalgic purposes how good would it be during a match next year if there's a passage of play that includes the names Bews, Simpson, Brownless & Ablett

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
I think this is great value for OB.

His running capacity is elite for a prospect and his physical profile is encouraging.

It's always great to see the sons of former champions pull on the famous hoops.
It may take a while for that sort of comment not cause momentary confusion in my brain. Brownless = running capacity, encouraging physical profile? :think:

my only excuse is I never saw Brownless senior play :)

Pure_Ownage ... I think you would be happy as you were thinking he may go a lot earlier ... as I said previously... we have not over paid ...and we will see what we have over the next few years
Not as happy as me. I reckon I rate him as highly as Brad Johnson does and he couldn't believe we were able to pick him up with that pick.

It may take a while for that sort of comment not cause momentary confusion in my brain. Brownless = running capacity, encouraging physical profile? :think:

my only excuse is I never saw Brownless senior play :)
Billy was a really good footballer. I remember a year he went into defence to play CHB and did really well. Polled 12 votes in the Brownlow from memory that year.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Not as happy as me. I reckon I rate him as highly as Brad Johnson does and he couldn't believe we were able to pick him up with that pick.

Im not overly impressed with the mouths talking about this kid or that kid in draft ... its more like a happy circle where everyone is so happy ..and all is great .. and everyone is a bargain.. and everyone did so well. Id love for all the comments to be documented and then placed in the vault and brought out when they are delisted etc .

Having said that I have been fairly confident that he would get to 50+ ... but the club must have been very confident to trade back in. and Oscar has been under the micoscope as much as anyone.. so he has show great resilience. Now .. van we find a rock to put young Mr Henry under it for a year or two...

SS apparently has offered #16 to him so we will see if he likes that or wants to do a GA etc.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Billy was a really good footballer. I remember a year he went into defence to play CHB and did really well. Polled 12 votes in the Brownlow from memory that year.

Mmmm not the way I remember it. I think BB was a Very good forward..much better than what he is recognised as. For years he played second banana ... but he kicked big bags in finals for us..just a shame he never really had a big day in the big one.

Im not overly impressed with the mouths talking about this kid or that kid in draft ... its more like a happy circle where everyone is so happy ..and all is great .. and everyone is a bargain.. and everyone did so well. Id love for all the comments to be documented and then placed in the vault and brought out when they are delisted etc .

Having said that I have been fairly confident that he would get to 50+ ... but the club must have been very confident to trade back in. and Oscar has been under the micoscope as much as anyone.. so he has show great resilience. Now .. van we find a rock to put young Mr Henry under it for a year or two...

SS apparently has offered #16 to him so we will see if he likes that or wants to do a GA etc.
Just on the jumper number, I was about to post today that Selwood would give up the #16.

Mmmm not the way I remember it. I think BB was a Very good forward..much better than what he is recognised as. For years he played second banana ... but he kicked big bags in finals for us..just a shame he never really had a big day in the big one.
Oh Billy was a very good forward which seems to be overlooked given he played alongside Snr. He did however move to CHB for a year. I think it was 90 or 91.

Back