Delisted 20. Oscar Brownless (F/S) (2018-2019),(2020-2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can he take a speccy and boot a ball 65 metres like his old man?
Firstly, greetings and salutations young Seeds.

Quick answer. No.

He'll be a player who surprises those who have either already written him off due to the position he was drafted or those that think he's only on the list because of his name. Mark my words, he'll be a good player for this footy club down the track.

You have a lovely day mate.

Where were you in the 80's and 90's?
living in the States and Taiwan, not exactly hotbeds for Aussie Rules :D

I did catch it when ESPN first opened shop, loved it, and was massively disappointed when they made enough money to get rights for mainstream US sports and dropped the exotic sports.

Ok well that prooves the myth is rubbish then. Ablett played the opening round of his first year drafted.

His whole career proves the myth was unwarranted.

Was funny when OB was announced as our selection that CS & Cooky had a bit of a laugh at the same time....probably over when they snubbed Billy over his harsh and I say fair comments when the cats lost a game (can't recall which game it was)

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Billy criticised the “lazy” Geelong midfield + it was Round 21 when we lost to Hawthorn.

It may take a while for that sort of comment not cause momentary confusion in my brain. Brownless = running capacity, encouraging physical profile? :think:

my only excuse is I never saw Brownless senior play :)

He was tall and gawky but very athletic and had an amazing springy leap. Was a string bean who gradually transformed into the man he is today :)

Yep, kicked 4 in '94. Also OK in '92 with 3.
Billy played quite well in finals. He kicked 19 goals in the 92 finals series.

58 goals in 17 finals in a fair result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saved his best games for finals against Footscray!

Remember when Gazza was out (1995) and Billy kicked 6 goals in the first quarter against the absolutely-flogged Doggies? I don't think he kicked any in the next three - he'd done his night's work by quarter time! 1994 was when he sunk them after the siren.

Not 91. GA Sr retired that year... Stoneham and Brownless were a very good pair. I think it was later than that when BBrownless was looking for form or a change etc..maybe it preceded the monkey is off the bak Billy ...so 94?

I have said before by 93 we should have tried to trade BB for a better backline tall... Roos or someone ..but thats a era ago.. and the game is a lot different now. BB would struggle these days.
I remember back then I called him Billy Ballless coz he lacked effort and aggression. He never used his large frame to advantage in the contest and was an average forward at best imo!

I remember back then I called him Billy Ballless coz he lacked effort and aggression. He never used his large frame to advantage in the contest and was an average forward at best imo!
I'll take 441 career goals at an average of over 2 goals a game from an average forward every day of the week.

My issue with Brownless snr was his lack of dedication. He had amazing god given talent and was a very, very good player. But I still reckon he could have been better with more self discipline to his training.
It's like a lot of the players in those days though.

Oh wow! That's so imaginative :rolleyes:
Hah I could have also went with the grouch

latest

I'll take 441 career goals at an average of over 2 goals a game from an average forward every day of the week.
In 91 and 92 kicked 81 and 79 goals, and had other forwards to share the load including Stoneham and Ablett.
He was a very decent player in the shadow of GAS

Billy played quite well in finals. He kicked 19 goals in the 92 finals series.

58 goals in 17 finals in a fair result.
I always thought Billy was very talented, made me think just prior what's his Finals record was like as I couldn't remember, seems like he wasn't our worst player in all those Finals games.

I still haven't watched the 1995 GF, as I was overseas on holiday that year. I just checked and he kicked 3 goals in that game, respect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back