AFL Player #20: Peter "Litre" Wright 🏅 - Pleads guilty at tribunal, 4 week suspension - 26/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not sold on what that offer even was. If we were genuinely offered 5 + 9 then yes, massive *up. Anyway, this has been discussed ad nauseum and isn’t even the right thread for that discussion.

As for Wright, best trade since Lloyd/Lucas for us.
yeah. i think in terms of return on investment it's him and a case for Stringer when at his best

somewhat relates given i don't think Wright is an option (or for the price) the year before.
With the AFL bail-out package, reckon we caught a rare magnanimous GCS that year. Wright for a 2021 4th rounder. ridiculous.

He hadn't had a game for a year so it was a fair price.

I still think 2MP has a fair bit of improvement left too. His confidence was clearly shot when he got to Essendon. He's been picking that up and there has been a lot of non-linear growth with seemingly break-out games. As that confidence grows and our team performs he'll get better and more consistent. I also think having a hard-working CHF dragging defenders up the ground will also see him to another level. The final piece of the puzzle is a new Tippa at his feet so he can either mark or bring the ball to the ground to make it very dangerous for the opposition.

Republican National Convention GIF by Election 2020

But do we want him to kick 4 or 5 on occasion, or would we prefer to have him kick 2 every week? I say latter.
I'd love him to kick 4 or 5 on occasion, and to kick 2 every other week.

Has been bobbing up more consistently since this post. Had more goals from Rounds 14 to 18 than from Rounds 4 to 12 due to some bags following the 2 goals every other week. Good to see so far.

As good as he has been….My sense is that there is another level he can go to.

Still tends to play in spurts and if he can even out his performance across 4 quarters…..he’ll be terrifying.

He is quite dominant when on….almost nothing defenders can do if delivery is good and his confidence is up.

His kicking is ridiculous….effortless 55 metre darts that barely deviate through the air. Very powerful.

Still tends to play in spurts and if he can even out his performance across 4 quarters…..he’ll be terrifying.

He is quite dominant when on….almost nothing defenders can do if delivery is good and his confidence is up.

His kicking is ridiculous….effortless 55 metre darts that barely deviate through the air. Very powerful.
He still has upside in his game for sure. I think we need one more quality ball user in the midfield for starters, because at times our service is lacking.

Over time, we'll further improve our collective ball movement and the forwards will have 1-2 more seasons of cohesion under their belts. I would not be surprised if he finished his career with a couple Coleman's.

Looking at games, goals, marks, etc etc... it's not even really debatable that he's having a significantly superior season to Daniher. And in a bloody poor team.

Not claiming some sort of brilliance on the club's part, they would've preferred to keep JD 100x over and so would us fans.

Crazy how things work out. What a ridiculous farking trade this has been.

Looking at games, goals, marks, etc etc... it's not even really debatable that he's having a significantly superior season to Daniher. And in a bloody poor team.

Not claiming some sort of brilliance on the club's part, they would've preferred to keep JD 100x over and so would us fans.

Crazy how things work out. What a ridiculous farking trade this has been.

It's also reiterates the need for patience with Bryan, Reid, Cox, Eyre, Jones, Brand and even McBride.

It can take a long time to realise potential for these biggers guys.

If he gets just a touch stronger & holds more overhead marks....indeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played McKay to a nil all draw, Wright couldn’t get his bag, McKay couldn’t intercept mark, which he’s been excelling at. Would have been far more entertaining to see them not play on each other and for Wright to kick 9 and McKay to take 15 contested marks.

Think Stewart has to be the ruck fodder, Wright’s good around the ground but his tap stuff is not great, it’s almost not worth putting him in there.

4th in the Coleman with 3 rounds left
Tied for 5th in the AFL for goals and assists combined
On track for 55 goals this year

All for a future 4th round pick that didn't get used

And gets the attention which makes it easier for likes of Jones and Stewart. 12 goals between those 3 and Stringer is a good result (albeit rubbish opposition).

Played McKay to a nil all draw, Wright couldn’t get his bag, McKay couldn’t intercept mark, which he’s been excelling at. Would have been far more entertaining to see them not play on each other and for Wright to kick 9 and McKay to take 15 contested marks.

Think Stewart has to be the ruck fodder, Wright’s good around the ground but his tap stuff is not great, it’s almost not worth putting him in there.

I liked Wright going into the ruck. It got him away from McKay, got him into the game and hands on the footy.

Got absolutely destroyed by Aliir today. He kept trying, but he was so rattled he couldn’t do anything right even when he was presented with a decent opportunity

Games like today worry me. If he plays on a physical opponent, he goes to water. Not a good sign at all

Got absolutely destroyed by Aliir today. He kept trying, but he was so rattled he couldn’t do anything right even when he was presented with a decent opportunity

Games like today worry me. If he plays on a physical opponent, he goes to water. Not a good sign at all

Today is exhibit A of why he needs help.

We had no one else as a target and Aliir was afforded all the freedom to position himself to negate Wright as there was other imminent threat.

Today is exhibit A of why he needs help.

We had no one else as a target and Aliir was afforded all the freedom to position himself to negate Wright as there was other imminent threat.
So does that mean Wright is not cut out to be a No 1 key forward? That means he doesn’t need help, it means we need to find a No 1 so he can be a No 2 or 3

It's not physical opponents, usually he beats them. It's athletic and tall opponents that he struggles with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back