20 premierships by 2050

Remove this Banner Ad

0JWdD.gif
giphy.gif

Unless my maths is wrong that averages out at another flag every 4.5 years. Although our average since 1961 would be fairly close to that it seems like a pretty steep challenge in a modern, fully-professional 18 team competition. We're Hawthorn so if any club can do it we can, but predicting and achieving single-Premiership success as a marketing ploy is infinitely easier than sustained Premiership success over the course of three decades.

Then again it never hurts to set the bar high and gives the club something to shoot for. Definitely a bold approach though!

Love the boldness. Great to see the board being ambitious with the plans for the club. Hard to disagree that if we focus on innovation and continual growth the on-field success will naturally follow.

In regards to the short term I feel like we can at least definitely get 1 flag out of the current crop of players. 2 would just be a bonus IMO.

Also, Cyril is currently only 28 - if he plays for another 5 years (which we all hope he will) and we end up winning the 2 planned flags, he'll be a 6-time premiership player :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest hurdle that the club will have to over come to achieve this goal is finding the right replacement for Clarko when he eventually retires/leaves. Like someone mentioned on the club's Facebook post, a lot of people forget that Clarko has Guillain-Barre syndrome and is pushing 50. I honestly can't imagine him realistically being around too much longer - maybe 1 more for tilt at a flag or two.

The biggest hurdle that the club will have to over come to achieve this goal is finding the right replacement for Clarko when he eventually retires/leaves. Like someone mentioned on the club's Facebook post, a lot of people forget that Clarko has Guillain-Barre syndrome and is pushing 50. I honestly can't imagine him realistically being around too much longer - maybe 1 more for tilt at a flag or two.
You trying to tell me that Clarko won’t coach into his 80s?

And, to quote the newsletter.. "two of which the club hopes to achieve in the next five years"!

I actually thought we were not being ambitious enough until I read that part.
That is a nice goal to have.

I hear West Coast have a promising young assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back