Prediction 20 questions - St Kilda 2017 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

1) How many wins?

2) Where will St Kilda finish on the ladder?
7th

3) Who will captain us in 2016?
Geary

4) If you have us making the top 8, will we win a final? (and how many?)
Yes - one

5) Who will be our top 5 in the Best and Fairest? (in order)
Steven, Ross, Roo, Geary, Acres

6) How many All Australian selections? (and who?) (you can include both 40 man squad and team)
Steven, Membrey

7) Who will be our top 5 goal kickers? (in order)
Membrey, Paddy, Roo, Bruce, Mav

8) How many interstate wins?

9) Who will be our top 3 in the Brownlow voting?
Steven, Roo, Ross

10) Who will retire at season's end?
Dempster

11) Will Jade Gresham be a victim of the second year blues?
Yes...No...Yes.... umm I plead the fifth amendment on this one...

12) Josh Bruce needs 5 more goals to hit 100 in his career. In what round will he kick it?
Round 3

13) Will all of Gilbert (179 games), Geary (141 games), Steven (134 games), Newnes (91 games) and Weller (90 games) hit their respective milestones?
All except Gilbert

14 If any, which of our 2016 draftees will debut, and how many games will they play?
Long 8

15) How many games will (essentially) new recruits Carlisle, Freeman, Brown, Steele and Stevens play?
Carlisle 24, Stevens 16, Steele 16, Freeman 6, Brown 16

16) Will we lure a free agent/OOC player at season's end? If so, who? (i.e Fyfe, Martin, Shiel, Kelly etc)
Yes. Shiel or Kelly ( Heeney would be nice)

17) If so, do we still find a way to retain a first round presence in the 2017 national draft?
Yes

18) Will any Saints be traded at the end of 2017? (if any, who?)
A ruckman, probably Billy

19) Will Nick Riewoldt (689 goals) jump to 2nd on St Kilda's all time goal kicking list ahead of Bill Mohr (735 goals)?
In 2018

20) Which young Saint will bigfooty fans be most excited about at seasons end out of Acres, Billings, Gresham and McCartin?
Toughest question of the lot....we're going to be loving all of them!

1) How many St Kilda wins? 17 (I'm an optimist).

2) Where will St Kilda finish on the ladder? 2nd.

3) Who will captain us in 2016? Geary. Though I reckon co-captains would be a decent idea.

4) If you have us making the top 8, will we win a final? (and how many?) Will win at least the first final.

5) Who will be our top 5 in the Best and Fairest? (in order) Steven, Ross, Gresham, Riewoldt, Armitage

6) How many All Australian selections? (and who?) (you can include both 40 man squad and team) Steven, Ross, Riewoldt

7) Who will be our top 5 goal kickers? (in order) Membrey, Bruce, McCartin, Lonie, Riewoldt

8) How many interstate wins? 3

9) Who will be our top 3 in the Brownlow voting? Steven, Ross, Gresham

10) Who will retire at season's end? No One... Maybe.

11) Will Jade Gresham be a victim of the second year blues? Kid's a star, I reckon he'll be better this year than last.

12) Josh Bruce needs 5 more goals to hit 100 in his career. In what round will he kick it? Round 1.

13) Will all of Gilbert (179 games), Geary (141 games), Steven (134 games), Newnes (91 games) and Weller (90 games) hit their respective milestones? Dunno if Gilbo will... The others definitely barring injury.

14 If any, which of our 2016 draftees will debut, and how many games will they play? Long will play a few... Carlton and Brisbane... 2.

15) How many games will (essentially) new recruits Carlisle, Freeman, Brown, Steele and Stevens play? 22 for Carlisle (+ 2 finals)... Freeman 0... Brown a few... Let's say 10... Steele and Stevens will get 8 each...

16) Will we lure a free agent/OOC player at season's end? If so, who? (i.e Fyfe, Martin, Shiel, Kelly etc) I reckon Kelly's the pick.

17) If so, do we still find a way to retain a first round presence in the 2017 national draft? I hope so! I think we'll keep one pick...

18) Will any Saints be traded at the end of 2017? (if any, who?) I've got a feeling Longer or Holmes might be traded out...

19) Will Nick Riewoldt (689 goals) jump to 2nd on St Kilda's all time goal kicking list ahead of Bill Mohr (735 goals)? Tough call... Not this year (in 2018 he will)!

20) Which young Saint will bigfooty fans be most excited about at seasons end out of Acres, Billings, Gresham and McCartin? Gresham... closely followed by Acres.

The big question.

The stronger side vs the harder draw?

Do the additions of Carlisle, Steele, Brown, Stevens, Freeman and growth of kids add enough strength to chalk up enough wins against the harder sides now we don't have the 6 win fixtures of Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne.
Literally the difference between being a finals team that the other seven are wary of or a side that misses September altogether.
A massive cliche, but if we lose round one, we're already behind the eight ball in a big way imo.

1) How many St Kilda wins?
2) Where will St Kilda finish on the ladder?
10th
3) Who will captain us in 2016?
David Armitage
4) If you have us making the top 8, will we win a final? (and how many?)
N/a
5) Who will be our top 5 in the Best and Fairest? (in order)
Steven, Hickey, Webster, Acres, Bruce
6) How many All Australian selections? (and who?) (you can include both 40 man squad and team)
Steven and Hickey in 40 man squad, none in the team
7) Who will be our top 5 goal kickers? (in order)
McCartin, Bruce, Membery, Billings, Weller
8) How many interstate wins?
9) Who will be our top 3 in the Brownlow voting?
Steven, Acres, Hickey
10) Who will retire at season's end?
Dempster, Montagna
11) Will Jade Gresham be a victim of the second year blues?
Yes, opposition will spend more time focusing on him (apologies Mr B)
12) Josh Bruce needs 5 more goals to hit 100 in his career. In what round will he kick it?
13) Will all of Gilbert (179 games), Geary (141 games), Steven (134 games), Newnes (91 games) and Weller (90 games) hit their respective milestones?
Yes
14 If any, which of our 2016 draftees will debut, and how many games will they play?
Long 3, Phillips 1
15) How many games will (essentially) new recruits Carlisle, Freeman, Brown, Steele and Stevens play?
Carlisle 22, Freeman 12, Brown 18, Steele 15, Stevens 12
16) Will we lure a free agent/OOC player at season's end? If so, who? (i.e Fyfe, Martin, Shiel, Kelly etc)
No
17) If so, do we still find a way to retain a first round presence in the 2017 national draft?
N/a
18) Will any Saints be traded at the end of 2017? (if any, who?)
3: Longer, Sinclair, Wright
19) Will Nick Riewoldt (689 goals) jump to 2nd on St Kilda's all time goal kicking list ahead of Bill Mohr (735 goals)?
No
20) Which young Saint will bigfooty fans be most excited about at seasons end out of Acres, Billings, Gresham and McCartin?[/QUOTE]
McCartin

1) How many St Kilda wins? 13

2) Where will St Kilda finish on the ladder? 5th

3) Who will captain us in 2016? Geary

4) If you have us making the top 8, will we win a final? (and how many?) Yes, 1

5) Who will be our top 5 in the Best and Fairest? (in order) Armitage, Steven, Newnes, Riewoldt, Geary

6) How many All Australian selections? (and who?) (you can include both 40 man squad and team) 1 Steven

7) Who will be our top 5 goal kickers? (in order) Bruce, Membrey, Billings, McCartin, Riewoldt

8) How many interstate wins? 3

9) Who will be our top 3 in the Brownlow voting? Steven, Newnes, Armitage

10) Who will retire at season's end? Riewoldt, Dempster

11) Will Jade Gresham be a victim of the second year blues? No

12) Josh Bruce needs 5 more goals to hit 100 in his career. In what round will he kick it? 2

13) Will all of Gilbert (179 games), Geary (141 games), Steven (134 games), Newnes (91 games) and Weller (90 games) hit their respective milestones? No

14 If any, which of our 2016 draftees will debut, and how many games will they play? Long (3)

15) How many games will (essentially) new recruits Carlisle, Freeman, Brown, Steele and Stevens play? Carlisle (23), Freeman (5), Brown (23), Steele (7), Stevens (23)

16) Will we lure a free agent/OOC player at season's end? If so, who? (i.e Fyfe, Martin, Shiel, Kelly etc) Yes Kelly, Martin

17) If so, do we still find a way to retain a first round presence in the 2017 national draft? No

18) Will any Saints be traded at the end of 2017? (if any, who?) Yes, Dunstan & Longer

19) Will Nick Riewoldt (689 goals) jump to 2nd on St Kilda's all time goal kicking list ahead of Bill Mohr (735 goals)? No

20) Which young Saint will bigfooty fans be most excited about at seasons end out of Acres, Billings, Gresham and McCartin? Billings

1) How many St Kilda wins? 15

2) Where will St Kilda finish on the ladder? 6th

4) If you have us making the top 8, will we win a final? (and how many?) hopefully

5) Who will be our top 5 in the Best and Fairest? (in order) Armitage, Steven, Geary, Newnes and Stevens

6) How many All Australian selections? (and who?) (you can include both 40 man squad and team) 1 Steven

7) Who will be our top 5 goal kickers? (in order) McCartin, Membrey, Bruce, Riewoldt and Long

8) How many interstate wins? 0

9) Who will be our top 3 in the Brownlow voting? Armitage, Riewoldt, and Steven

10) Who will retire at season's end? No-one

11) Will Jade Gresham be a victim of the second year blues? yes

12) Josh Bruce needs 5 more goals to hit 100 in his career. In what round will he kick it? Rd 3 v Brisbane

at highest risk of not making it this year is Gilbert

14) If any, which of our 2016 draftees will debut, and how many games will they play? Long (13 games)

Carlisle (21+ games), Freeman (9 games), Brown (11 games), Steele (14 games) and Stevens (22+ games)

16) Will we lure a free agent/OOC player at season's end? If so, who? (i.e Fyfe, Martin, Shiel, Kelly etc) Don't think so

17) If so, do we still find a way to retain a first round presence in the 2017 national draft? we will probably have 2 picks in the first round

18) Will any Saints be traded at the end of 2017? (if any, who?) I doubt it

19) Will Nick Riewoldt (689 goals) jump to 2nd on St Kilda's all time goal kicking list ahead of Bill Mohr (735 goals)? Not in 2017

20) Which young Saint will bigfooty fans be most excited about at seasons end out of Acres, Billings, Gresham and McCartin? McCartin

Interesting - thoughts behind it?
Our genuine interstate matches are against WCE, Adeaide, Freo and Port - I think we may lose all of those matches
We have a pseudo interstate match against Hawks which we should win - but I don't count that as interstate

Our genuine interstate matches are against WCE, Adeaide, Freo and Port - I think we may lose all of those matches
We have a pseudo interstate match against Hawks which we should win - but I don't count that as interstate
And Sydney at the SCG assuming you've put that down as a loss too. I think we can win three - Hawthorn, Fremantle, Port. All toss-ups really anyway.

1) How many St Kilda wins? 13

2) Where will St Kilda finish on the ladder? 8th

4) If you have us making the top 8, will we win a final? (and how many?) No

5) Who will be our top 5 in the Best and Fairest? (in order) Steven, Geary, Newnes, Riewoldt Stevens

6) How many All Australian selections? (and who?) (you can include both 40 man squad and team) Steven Membrey Newnes

7) Who will be our top 5 goal kickers? (in order) Membrey, Bruce, Riewoldt McCartin and Weller

8) How many interstate wins? 0

9) Who will be our top 3 in the Brownlow voting? Steven, Riewoldt Newnes

10) Who will retire at season's end? Dempster

11) Will Jade Gresham be a victim of the second year blues? yes

12) Josh Bruce needs 5 more goals to hit 100 in his career. In what round will he kick it? Rd 2

Not Gilbert

14) If any, which of our 2016 draftees will debut, and how many games will they play? Long 10 games

Carlisle 20, Freeman 5, Brown 18, Steele 20 and Stevens 22

16) Will we lure a free agent/OOC player at season's end? If so, who? (i.e Fyfe, Martin, Shiel, Kelly etc) Shiel

17) If so, do we still find a way to retain a first round presence in the 2017 national draft? Yes trade one first this year and a furure first

18) Will any Saints be traded at the end of 2017? (if any, who?) A ruckman possibly Sinclair and Dunstan

19) Will Nick Riewoldt (689 goals) jump to 2nd on St Kilda's all time goal kicking list ahead of Bill Mohr (735 goals)? No

20) Which young Saint will bigfooty fans be most excited about at seasons end out of Acres, Billings, Gresham and McCartin? McCartin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) How many St Kilda wins? 25

2) Where will St Kilda finish on the ladder? 1st

3) Who will captain us in 2016? We don't need a Captain

4) If you have us making the top 8, will we win a final? 3

5) Who will be our top 5 in the Best and Fairest? Acres, Billings, Gresham, McCartin & Steven

6) How many All Australian selections? 22

7) Who will be our top 5 goal kickers? McCartin, Membrey, Bruce, Riewoldt & Billings

8) How many interstate wins? All

9) Who will be our top 3 in the Brownlow voting? Acres, Billings, Steven

10) Who will retire at season's end? Monty, Roo and Dempster as Premiership heroes

11) Will Jade Gresham be a victim of the second year blues? No but he will be a victim of ball poisoning

12) Josh Bruce needs 5 more goals to hit 100 in his career. In what round will he kick it? NAB Cup Round 1 - AFL will change the rules after a visit from Mav

13) Will all of Gilbert (179 games), Geary (141 games), Steven (134 games), Newnes (91 games) and Weller (90 games) hit their respective milestones? Then some

14 If any, which of our 2016 draftees will debut, and how many games will they play? If they are good enough they can play as many as they want

15) How many games will (essentially) new recruits Carlisle, Freeman, Brown, Steele and Stevens play? See above

16) Will we lure a free agent/OOC player at season's end? If so, who? (i.e Fyfe, Martin, Shiel, Kelly etc) Fyfe just to piss off Freo and Lyon

17) If so, do we still find a way to retain a first round presence in the 2017 national draft? Damn right

18) Will any Saints be traded at the end of 2017? (if any, who?) Only those that can't handle the heat

19) Will Nick Riewoldt (689 goals) jump to 2nd on St Kilda's all time goal kicking list ahead of Bill Mohr (735 goals)? He will equal Big Bill then kick his final shot out on the full from 20m out

20) Which young Saint will bigfooty fans be most excited about at seasons end out of Acres, Billings, Gresham and McCartin? Our minds will be far too blown to get excited about anyone particular youngster

1) How many St Kilda wins? 14

2) Where will St Kilda finish on the ladder? 7

4) If you have us making the top 8, will we win a final? (and how many?) no

5) Who will be our top 5 in the Best and Fairest? (in order) Hickey, Brown, Geary, Paddy, Steven

6) How many All Australian selections? (and who?) (you can include both 40 man squad and team) Hickey, Brown, Geary, Paddy, all in squad , Hickey in team

7) Who will be our top 5 goal kickers? (in order)Paddy, Bruce, Battle, Billings, Gresham

8) How many interstate wins? 4

9) Who will be our top 3 in the Brownlow voting? Hickey, Steven , Roo

10) Who will retire at season's end? Dempster, Joey

11) Will Jade Gresham be a victim of the second year blues? No

12) Josh Bruce needs 5 more goals to hit 100 in his career. In what round will he kick it? 2

13) Will all of Gilbert (179 games), Geary (141 games), Steven (134 games), Newnes (91 games) and Weller (90 games) hit their respective milestones? Gilbert and Weller no , the others yes

14 If any, which of our 2016 draftees will debut, and how many games will they play? Battle 19 as replacement for Membrey who does his knee in round 1 , Long 3

15) How many games will (essentially) new recruits Carlisle, Freeman, Brown, Steele and Stevens play? Carlisle 18, Freeman 5, Brown 20, Steele 8 calf problems , Stevens 16

16) Will we lure a free agent/OOC player at season's end? If so, who? (i.e Fyfe, Martin, Shiel, Kelly etc) no one

17) If so, do we still find a way to retain a first round presence in the 2017 national draft? Yes

18) Will any Saints be traded at the end of 2017? (if any, who?Holmes , Sinclair , Lonie

20) Which young Saint will bigfooty fans be most excited about at seasons end out of Acres, Billings, Gresham and McCartin?[/QUOTE]
Paddy McCartin

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back