Player Watch #20 Sam Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam_Reid_2017.6.jpg

Sam Reid

Sam Reid’s outstanding athleticism and strong contested grab make him a genuine threat inside 50. The 2012 premiership forward showed exactly that when he booted six goals in the Sydney Swans’ clash with Collingwood in Mark Grook at the SCG to win the 2019 Goodes-O’Loughlin Medal. The 2009 draftee can also play as a loose man in defence or pinch-hit in the ruck. Reid has had very little luck on the injury front in his time in red and white, but he didn’t miss an AFL match in 2019. He’s played 143 career games at the top level for a return of 154 goals.

Sam Reid
DOB: 27 December 1991
DEBUT: 2010
DRAFT: #38, 2009 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Wangaratta Rovers (Vic)/Murray U18

That attempt to go after the ball and body line Tuey was really bad to watch
1st or 2nd quarter?

Looked like he was already on holiday, which is a shame because at times he looked ok this year, but overall nothing changed here

Despite the effort against the Geelong, I'm still very happy he's signed on with the Swans again. Is becoming that LRT-style utility although much stronger as a forward rather than LRT who was much stronger defensively. At least he managed to kick a goal and then save a certain one with a mark on the goal line. More than most of the other 21 players last night...

Stick him at FF full time next season please.

You simply can't expect a bloke to excel when you don't let him settle in a position.
I thought he was really coming into his own as swing man throughout the season. I dont know if he'll ever be dominant like i oncr thought he could be but he's a versatile and reasonably consistent contributor.

On CPH1607 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The guy had a very good year really, poor in finals but hes still a work in progress. Missed all of last year and to come back the way he did is a big positive, expecially when he is the dictionary definition of a confidence player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allright,

Which of you chose the title for this thread

RW
swansfan51
Blacky
Cloud_
Not me, if I did it the thread title would have a Jarrad Waite reference.

Reid will come good, just needs 3-4 more years of development and building his body

Remove this Banner Ad

Back