Player Watch #20 Sam Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam_Reid_2017.6.jpg

Sam Reid

Sam Reid’s outstanding athleticism and strong contested grab make him a genuine threat inside 50. The 2012 premiership forward showed exactly that when he booted six goals in the Sydney Swans’ clash with Collingwood in Mark Grook at the SCG to win the 2019 Goodes-O’Loughlin Medal. The 2009 draftee can also play as a loose man in defence or pinch-hit in the ruck. Reid has had very little luck on the injury front in his time in red and white, but he didn’t miss an AFL match in 2019. He’s played 143 career games at the top level for a return of 154 goals.

Sam Reid
DOB: 27 December 1991
DEBUT: 2010
DRAFT: #38, 2009 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Wangaratta Rovers (Vic)/Murray U18

Agreed, if he is fit and firing it would be huge for our chances this year.

Call me crazy but I still think he crucial to our set up.
Yep completely agree. If he can stay on the park for the second half of the season our chances go up dramatically.

Its just the staying on the park bit that's the problem :(

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Yep completely agree. If he can stay on the park for the second half of the season our chances go up dramatically.

Its just the staying on the park bit that's the problem :(

I've heard he finds it very easy to stay on a park. What's hard is when he's obliged to do anything athletic on that park. Then it goes all awry.

I wonder how many weeks in total the two brothers have missed through their careers....

Feel like Sam used to be quite consistently available, it is probably not as much as we think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many weeks in total the two brothers have missed through their careers....

Since debut (and i didnt check how often it was a form absence so Ben Reids are massively inflated as he didnt play often first few years)

Sam 121 of 191

Ben 142 of 262

He's no star, I put him in the role player tier for a reason, but this is all very reactionary. We are a better team with Reid than without. Calling him a joke is just lame.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Reid is a great player however his body coninually lets him down. However he is a key forward and they hold more value as they are alot harder to come by. The exact reason why a player like reid will always be worth more than someone like lloyd despite lloyd being a better player and far more consistant

cinderella man

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2008
port melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
He's no star, I put him in the role player tier for a reason, but this is all very reactionary. We are a better team with Reid than without. Calling him a joke is just lame.

See the irony here ? Reid is never anything but Lame.

The Club's decision to resign an injury prone player that struggles to put more than six games on end together is also a joke. His tenure at the club will surpass Tipett's as the most ridiculous calamity the Club has made in the last 20 years. Only thing that tops it is Trading Wayne Carey to North Melbourne for a couple of Slabs without him ever pulling on a Swans Gurnsey. Like I have said before the day Colless cleaned out his desk this club started back on the path to mediocrity. Off field decision making as bad decision making the players make on it.

See the irony here ? Reid is never anything but Lame.

The Club's decision to resign an injury prone player that struggles to put more than six games on end together is also a joke. His tenure at the club will surpass Tipett's as the most ridiculous calamity the Club has made in the last 20 years. Only thing that tops it is Trading Wayne Carey to North Melbourne for a couple of Slabs without him ever pulling on a Swans Gurnsey. Like I have said before the day Colless cleaned out his desk this club started back on the path to mediocrity. Off field decision making as bad decision making the players make on it.

He only missed 2 games last year...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back